• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Owner Involvement

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeeeeah...no. And to put it more directly, bullsh-t. We're doing things the Seahawks way, if anything.

The best thing Tepper can do is imitate Seattle's owner and keep his hands off.

Prepare yourself to be disappointed...

...after decades of success zero chance Big Tepp scraps the Appaloosa Model for the "Seahawks way"...

...hahahaha!!!

• Poo 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeeeeah...no. And to put it more directly, bullsh-t. We're doing things the Seahawks way, if anything.

It’s funny how people love the Seahawks model.

They were utter trash before they lucked into Wilson and that one good draft.

I don’t want a stupid meddling owner, but I want one that cares.

You watch, Jody Snyder is going to let Pete’s ego run Russell off and that will be it for that team for a long time....and she won’t care.

• Beer 1

I think we're overthinking this. Tepper said to his football brain trust, "we need the best QB possible to win". Funny that no one questioned his football acumen when he said Teddy wasn't the answer. Now we question it when he apparently says Watson is? 

A good guess is Tepper said to his brain trust, "get me Watson at all costs" and they're trying to figure it out.

A better guess is that he said so and has bitcoin-mining level computing power behind the analytics to determine what the impacts of that "cost" is, comparing success rates of draft picks, simulating this year's team performance if Watson were subbed in for Teddy, etc.

The best guess is that he, Fitts, and Rhule all agree that Watson is the best get--they're just figuring out the roadmaps to get him and how they still build the team, which is more possible than any of us realize.

57 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Prepare yourself to be disappointed...

...after decades of success zero chance Big Tepp scraps the Appaloosa Model for the "Seahawks way"...

...hahahaha!!!

Yeah, not that worried.

You've made something like half a dozen plus predictions based on "the Appaloosa Way" as you claim to understand it. None of them have come true, not a single one.

That tells me that either you don't actually know anything about the model or maybe the whole thing is just bullsh-t.

Either way, I can't really put a whole lot of stock in your predictions or analyses.

45 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s funny how people love the Seahawks model.

They were utter trash before they lucked into Wilson and that one good draft.

I don’t want a stupid meddling owner, but I want one that cares.

You watch, Jody Snyder is going to let Pete’s ego run Russell off and that will be it for that team for a long time....and she won’t care.

That's not hard to imagine.

I have yet to see a business, government or other model that can account for or stop the ill effects of the human ego.

Doesn't matter how perfect a system you come up with. If it's run by people, it can be screwed up.

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, not that worried.

You've made something like half a dozen plus predictions based on "the Appaloosa Way" as you claim to understand it. None of them have come true, not a single one.

That tells me that either you don't actually know anything about the model or maybe the whole thing is just bullsh-t.

Either way, I can't really put a whole lot of stock in your predictions or analyses.

Who does Matt Rhule report to?

• Pie 1

On 3/3/2021 at 10:20 AM, WarPanthers89 said:

I don’t understand why so many people keep this up with Tepper. He has shown no evidence of being “too involved”. He had to set up the business side of the team and just now got the football side in line with a new structure and all pieces in place. He gives his opinion on the team, which is a warm welcome from Richardson who literally never spoke to the public. Speaking of that guy, no one pointed out how terrible he was as an owner until the “Jean day” articles came out and he was forced to sell the team. 

Oh no I was very anti Richardson for awhile. I got absolutely flamed on this board for it too. 

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I believe Matt Rhule and Scott Fitterer have infinitely better decision making capabilities when it comes to football than David Tepper.

And the good news on that front is that David Tepper seems to understand that.

if we're talking hedge funds or financial stuff, absolutely he's the smartest man in the room. If we're talking football, he's not even close.

I agree with you on part 1 whole-heartedly. I also agree with you one part 3.

It's that part 2 thing that has me worried. I'm beginning to think Tepper may be tired of watching someone else play with his toys.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

that guy is playing you like a piano. Somebody has to say it

• Beer 1