• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms “no way the panthers draft Lance at 8”

GoobyPls

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

For a kid who is going to need at least a year to adjust to the speed of the NFL it’s probably not a great idea to run him out there day 1 with our offensive line. 

I assume we will have a very different Oline when the season starts and after last offseason that seems like a reasonable goal. 

I wouldn't have a problem with it unless he was having extreme issues in camp. We could run a ton and ease him in. He has a vet Center and a good OC. 

If the Oline falls apart conceptually or he is not ready then throw out the jag and see how long it takes them to prep him. We won a game with an XFL QB last year, less than great can still win...except Teddy I guess.

Edited by Waldo

1 minute ago, CRA said:

Megatron’s last season he put up 1200+ yards and 15 TDs.  In a power 5 conference.   He wasn’t some gamble. 

and Clemson averaged 6+ yards a carry on the ground in 2 of Trevor’s 3 seasons.   They didn’t run it all game because they had Trevor.  

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/17196660

I saw this in person

Well sure he has all the physical traits in the world, has shown immense productivity in a good QB offense, never made mistakes, has good mechanics, is an athletic freak, and looks like a 7th grader vs 3rd graders. I'm just iffy on the amount of starts he has. 

Herp derp. What do people think he has been doing over the last 12 months? Playing Mario Kart? He has been preparing to become a NFL quarterback. 

Edited by Verge
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Waldo just doesnt want to watch Teddy take another panther snap, plenty share that take. 

That and I don't want us to waste the cap space we could get back. Teddy won't be getting us wins, why not train the kid who could?

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

Well sure he has all the physical traits in the world, has shown immense productivity in a good QB offense, never made mistakes, has good mechanics, is an athletic freak, and looks like a 7th grader vs 3rd graders. I'm just iffy on the amount of starts he has. 

Herp derp. What do people think he has been doing over the last 12 months? Playing Mario Kart? He has been preparing to become a NFL quarterback. 

Well part of his last 12 months was preparing for a showcase game in which he threw the football horrifically. 15/30 is ouchies. I never said experience was the only thing I’m iffy on. Reps is a major one though. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Megatron’s last season he put up 1200+ yards and 15 TDs.  In a power 5 conference.   He wasn’t some gamble. 

and Clemson averaged 6+ yards a carry on the ground in 2 of Trevor’s 3 seasons.   They didn’t run it all game because they had Trevor.  

Calvin was in the wishbone offense. Not many teams since the 50s run the wishbone. Total different verbiage. His assignments for each play like blocking would be different than an air raid system. Clemson could call any play and gain 10 yards, until those championship games... 

Just now, Varking said:

Well part of his last 12 months was preparing for a showcase game in which he threw the football horrifically. 15/30 is ouchies. I never said experience was the only thing I’m iffy on. Reps is a major one though. 

His final game reminded me a lot of Herbert's final game. 

Just now, Verge said:

I’m one of the group that was sold on Herbert from watching him for years. There is nothing about Herberts game that reminds me of Lance. Lance has accuracy issues. Sure a completed pass is a completed pass but your receivers shouldn’t need to do 180s to catch screens. 

14 minutes ago, Verge said:

One of the biggest WTF about Lance is the concerns about his throws. How can you watch him run around then throw 50 yard bombs and go " Welll I dont know about this guy... "

Edited by Basbear

9 minutes ago, Verge said:

For personal reasons, Im glad he "stunk" and glad theres no combine for him too. I just hope enough brain cells are firing correctly over at Panthers headquarters to on top of the Lance sweepstakes.

• Flames 1