• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quick Hits from Fitterer's Press Conference

hepcat

1) Fitterer confirmed that the team did have a conversation with another team about trading Teddy Bridgewater. He also said "Teddy is our QB" and a bunch of other nice things about him, that he's very professional and he's been through a lot. Also said he's had some open and honest conversations with him.

2) Was asked about the LT position, Fitterer mentioned Scott, Little, and Daley. He also brought up getting a LT in the draft. He didn't mention Russell Okung. Doubt Okung is back next season.

3) Mentioned Luke is involved in the free agency scouting process. Was great to hear, love that Luke is still involved with the team. 

4) Panthers are going nickel and dime store shopping in Free Agency again ala the Dave Gettleman era.

5) Fitterer speaks like someone who has a good understanding of the roster so far, but I can't help but wonder how much of a figurehead he is since most of the front office is still intact aside from Hurney being gone.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 5

15 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Fitterer speaks like someone who has a good understanding of the roster so far, but I can't help but wonder how much of a figurehead he is since most of the front office is still intact aside from Hurney being gone.

Don't be surprised if there are several changes made after the draft.

More than one person has suggested Dan Morgan might come aboard at some point. Having him as an assistant GM would make a lot of sense.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, hepcat said:

1) Fitterer confirmed that the team did have a conversation with another team about trading Teddy Bridgewater. He also said "Teddy is our QB" and a bunch of other nice things about him, that he's very professional and he's been through a lot. Also said he's had some open and honest conversations with him.

He was referring to the package they offered Detroit for Stafford that was leaked which obviously included Teddy.

18 minutes ago, hepcat said:

5) Fitterer speaks like someone who has a good understanding of the roster so far, but I can't help but wonder how much of a figurehead he is since most of the front office is still intact aside from Hurney being gone.

Not sure if I agree with this.  Seems more like Hurney was kinda the last to go, and a lot of the FO turned over between the time Tepper took over and Hurney being let go.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, BrianS said:

Not sure if I agree with this.  Seems more like Hurney was kinda the last to go, and a lot of the FO turned over between the time Tepper took over and Hurney being let go.

There are really only two executive level names still entrenched from the Richardson era: Executive Director of Player Personnel Jeff Morrow and Director of Pro Personnel Matt Allen, who also happens to be Jerry Richardson's grandson.

Morrow has the same title as Pat Stewart, just with "executive" in front of it. As to Allen, Tepper's previously indicated that pro scouting was a weakness in our organization, primarily citing Marty.

I won't be surprised if one or both end up gone, maybe to Washington (they just hired the last guy we fired in Bryan Porter).

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Did nobody ask him anything about Watson, that would seem weird with all the reports coming out that we are definitely interested 

I didn’t hear it brought up with Fitterer but I believe it was brought up with Rhule