• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance - best QB of this draft not named Lawrence

NAS

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What I'm saying is I'm fine with drafting any of the three of them. 

I think I can say this--if the experts see something special in Jones, then I would be happy to see them trade back and take him..

As we approach, I am more interested in the upsides of Wilson and Fields-but I have not written anyone off--trusting the coaches (for the first time in a while) know what they are doing.

I am starting to think fields is the man-and we are trading with Miami to get him

Edited by MHS831

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think I can say this--if the experts see something special in Jones, then I would be happy to see them trade back and take him..

As we approach, I am more interested in the upsides of Wilson and Fields-but I have not written anyone off--trusting the coaches (for the first time in a while) know what they are doing.

I am starting to think fields is the man-and we are trading with Miami to get him

I mean there's even crazy talk on here where people are using legitimate NFL starters at Jones' 'floor' - like that's a bad thing. 

I've zero interest in trading away the future for a QB. We have too many holes. The only two definitely off the table at #8 are Wilson and Lawrence. 

Let's just be patient and see what happens. 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Resist the temptation to over think it.  Sit tight and see how the cards fall.  Play the hand your dealt.  You get the idea.  There will be a really good player at 8.  We can use more of those everywhere except RB. 

I think the biggest issue is guy who writes the checks is hellbent on getting a QB, MR. 14 billion wants a QB right NOW! Its honestly sad about how He is going about this and allowing this desperate thirst for a QB to all the world. 

Reminds me of one of my friends who just got out of toxic relationship, so bros took him clubbing. Drunk Mike hit the dance floor and dry humped every single female on the dance floor and they began to run for cover. Luckily I was a regular and knew the bouncers well, they kindly ask me to "Calm your friend down, hes scaring the ladies". Talked to mike, but no stopping him with lust in his eyes. Had to abort the mission and leave. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

44 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I mean there's even crazy talk on here where people are using legitimate NFL starters at Jones' 'floor' - like that's a bad thing. 

I've zero interest in trading away the future for a QB. We have too many holes. The only two definitely off the table at #8 are Wilson and Lawrence. 

They won't admit that they just do not know.  I do not see Jones as one who has given anyone reason to write him off.

I will say this--if we trade for a QB, we better be right.  In the draft, I look at Jones vs. Fields + 2 picks, Wilson + 2 or 3 picks; if we for trade Watson, I look at the players (in the past) we would have lost if we had traded a few years ago--same deal.  Is Watson worth Burns (1st rounder), Brown (1st rounder), Moore (1st rounder), CMC (first rounder), and Shaq Thompson (another 1st rounder).  Well, that is what it will take to get Watson here.  3 firsts, CMC and Thompson, according to rumor.  Are we really better off with Watson after taking that kind of hit?  Pretty steep.  Or would we be better off signing Trubiski, trading back, adding some key pieces in free agency....

But people will say, "TRUBISKI SUCKS" Have you seen him in a clean pocket with weapons and a running game?  Nor have I.

Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, Varking said:

That’s where I’m at. I can pick apart all three all day long or talk them up. Now is the time to be ultra critical though before we invest draft value. 

That's up to the folks making the decision. Me the fan? Yeah, I can fall in love with any of the three of them.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Every Super Bowl roster has holes. But they don't have holes at QB.

• Flames 1

20 minutes ago, Basbear said:

How would you rate 2019 Jimmy G, 2018 Goff, and 2017 Foles? 2 already got traded. The other is in trades and maybe get cut too. 

3978 yards 27 TDs 13 INTs

4688 32 TDs 12 INTs

971 yards 6 TDs 1 INT in the playoffs

Those guys were pretty damn good during their SB year.

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's up to the folks making the decision. Me the fan? Yeah, I can fall in love with any of the three of them.

I can’t because then I get let down. I’m more of a slow build kind of guy. I can’t jump in at 100%. 

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

3978 yards 27 TDs 13 INTs

4688 32 TDs 12 INTs

971 yards 6 TDs 1 INT in the playoffs

Those guys were pretty damn good during their SB year.

Amazing how they didnt remain good, especially given the age factor......scary to me dont know about you. Jimmy G year is average these days too, insane the change. Playoffs have some "???" QBs in the playoffs too. 

26 minutes ago, Varking said:

I can’t because then I get let down. I’m more of a slow build kind of guy. I can’t jump in at 100%. 

Forget the odds- Who are you taking if Chase, Fields, and Sewell are at 8. Cannt trade back either, must make a choice.

Choose wisely..

12 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Amazing how they didnt remain good, especially given the age factor......scary to me dont know about you. Jimmy G year is average these days too, insane the change. Playoffs have some "???" QBs in the playoffs too. 

It's not called the Not For Long league for nothing.

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

So this is another good example for trading loads of assets to bring in Watson/Wilson/other? Or not?

No one has a crystal ball. Sure, one of those guys could develop injury problems like Garappolo. Goff was always physically limited. It was baffling that he was a #1 overall pick. His arm is average at absolute best. Same with Foles. He has a good arm, but concrete boots for feet. All three of the draft prospects we're talking about as well as Watson have a lot better physical tools than Goff and Foles.