• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

General NFL Free Agency Thread

Ricky Spanish

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Dalton is an exceptional backup. Seems ideal for the 49ers. Perhaps he gets scooped by the Bears and then the 49ers really want Bridgewater. That would be pretty sweet.

I'm not convinced the 49er interest in Bridgewater was legit.

Seems a bit like news put out to create a market.  "If the 49ers are interested maybe we should be also"

Don't get me wrong, would love to be true and could be possible, but this time of year you can't believe everything you read.

13 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Dalton is an exceptional backup. Seems ideal for the 49ers. Perhaps he gets scooped by the Bears and then the 49ers really want Bridgewater. That would be pretty sweet.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Flipside, i.e. the 49ers get Dalton and the Bears take an interest in Bridgewater, could also be true.

Hate to say it but looks like teams are dwindling done for us. Will we keep Bridgewater or cut him. Wow I hate we have this problem to deal with.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

Seems to me the Patriots are trying mimic Cam's best results here by getting him a deep threat and two TE's.

We only had Olsen and Shockey for one year but we threw all over the field that season. They are at least doing right by Cam's skillset.

True, but they have also had success with 2 TE sets, Hernadez and Gronk, but I do agree it does seem to favor Cam and good for him.

I hope they put him in a position to succeed.

Just now, AU-panther said:

I'm not convinced the 49er interest in Bridgewater was legit.

Seems a bit like news put out to create a market.  "If the 49ers are interested maybe we should be also"

Don't get me wrong, would love to be true and could be possible, but this time of year you can't believe everything you read.

Yeah, we will only ever know if it actually happens. I would be shocked if anyone would want him at that salary. It's extremely high for a backup QB and I am not seeing many teams desperate enough to want him as a starter at the moment.

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Hate to say it but looks like teams are dwindling done for us. Will we keep Bridgewater or cut him. Wow I hate we have this problem to deal with.

There is always injuries during camp. Perhaps we get lucky in the draft, get a guy, he is "ahead of schedule" to be the starter and we can move Teddy to another team.

Quite a few long shots need to align for that, but we can always hope.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

There was talk that Matt Rhule really liked him as a blocking tight end.

Moot point now, of course.

Yep more holes. Could our record be worse this year than last, I was hoping we would be this bad in Rhule’s first year, it’s like we decided to rebuild his second year. Thanks Hurney for the Bridgewater experience!

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Yep more holes. Could our record be worse this year than last, I was hoping we would be this bad in Rhule’s first year, it’s like we decided to rebuild his second year. Thanks Hurney for the Bridgewater experience!

I actually think it could, and have for a while, but I'm in the minority on that front.

• Beer 1