• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: The Panthers are "locked on Watson"

MVPccaffrey

2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

That's the price for 10+ years of elite QB play.  And six non-QB draft picks don't make or break a franchise over TEN years, if we fail to compete at the highest levels with Watson by the end of 2030 it won't be because of draft picks that we didn't have seven to ten years earlier 

I think your putting too much stock into Watson..

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

That's the price for 10+ years of elite QB play.  And six non-QB draft picks don't make or break a franchise over TEN years, if we fail to compete at the highest levels with Watson by the end of 2030 it won't be because of draft picks that we didn't have seven to ten years earlier 

Actually 6 yrs with no draft picks will decimate a team

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

We have more reason to think he is smart than we do that he is stupid... what proof do we have that he has done something stupid enough to question his intelligence?

If this deal goes through at the rumoured asking price I would say that's pretty good evidence that someone in the room who authorized it is dumb as a rock.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

I hope all you crying about overypaying when this goes down at least have the self respect not to show up in the threads celebrating future playoff runs with Watson at the helm

If we can balance that tightrope and get a Superbowl Win it's worth it and I'll love it.

Anything short of a championship is a failure.

1 minute ago, bandu said:

if we get Watson this teams going to surprise a lot of people...

We'll have to give up at least 2 young defensive starters. You think Watson is a miracle worker? How'd that work in Texas this year...his best year, btw? We are not one player away...not by a long shot.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Pup McBarky said:

We'll have to give up at least 2 young defensive starters. You think Watson is a miracle worker? How'd that work in Texas this year...his best year, btw? We are not one player away...not by a long shot.

why do you think Tepper so so much wants us to pull a trade off for Watson?

my opinion as to why is because as i've mentioned before this team lost 8 games last year by a margin of one score or less.