• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's happening. (Probably)

Verge

Just now, joemac said:

A superstar franchise QB can change things in a heartbeat. See Mayfield, Baker and Allen, Josh. 

Baker was blah until they hired Berry and he did the impossible, stabilized the freaking Browns. Now they are actually winning and using the talent they have acquired by constantly picking top 3 for a decade. Allen was developed by a very good coaching staff, they have spent years building that team up.

I see Urban as a big time college guy, I just don't think he has what it takes to kill it in the NFL. Combined with the mess that is the Jags, that sir is fine entertainment incoming. Just my opinion of course. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Baker was blah until they hired Berry and he did the impossible, stabilized the freaking Browns. Now they are actually winning and using the talent they have acquired by constantly picking top 3 for a decade. Allen was developed by a very good coaching staff, they have spent years building that team up.

I see Urban as a big time college guy, I just don't think he has what it takes to kill it in the NFL. Combined with the mess that is the Jags, that sir is fine entertainment incoming. Just my opinion of course. 

He also forgot to mention they were drafted by the team they were on.  One season of good play from each so far.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

He also forgot to mention they were drafted by the team the were on.  One season of good play from each so far.

Watson was battle tested and he still only pulled off 4 wins last year with ridiculous numbers. Great QB isn't enough. 

IF it goes bad for Urban, he can just break contract and go get paid a giant contract somewhere he can control everything like they do at that level. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It certainly does. Thanks for the update. 

I’d like to add context. I meant a trade isn’t looking good. Hearing both sides is important so I’m not saying he is innocent and I’m not saying he is guilty 

• Beer 2

I can't believe there are actually people who are against us acquiring a young franchise QB like Watson. You guys are still stuck in the Jerry Richardson mindset of how to build a team.

All the stud RBs, pass rushers, and successful 1st round picks we've had since 2002 and yet if you take out the one pick that was a franchise QB (Cam) we'd have gotten nothing for all of them.

Without a QB, nothing else matters. With one, you have a shot. Yes, you have to build around him, but without one to build around you might as well forfeit every game because you're never going to be more than average unless you can somehow manage to put together an all-time great defense, which is practically impossible these days between the rules and the salary cap.

• Pie 5

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

I can't believe there are actually people who are against us acquiring a young franchise QB like Watson. You guys are still stuck in the Jerry Richardson mindset of how to build a team.

All the stud RBs, pass rushers, and successful 1st round picks we've had since 2002 and yet if you take out the one pick that was a franchise QB (Cam) we'd have gotten nothing for all of them.

Without a QB, nothing else matters. With one, you have a shot. Yes, you have to build around him, but without one to build around you might as well forfeit every game because you're never going to be more than average unless you can somehow manage to put together an all-time great defense, which is practically impossible these days between the rules and the salary cap.

I’m all for getting him, this lawsuit right now does not allow us to... for now

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

What if Watson paid the women to go to the lawyers to get the Texans to release him.

Surprise plot twist.

================================

Jeez.  I still reserve judgement.

Or...What if the Texans paid the lawyer to find these women and bring it to light?  I like this game!  Now your turn.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Something is up with this situation. The timing alone is VERY suspect and this lawyer sounds more like a cable news talk show host.

Maybe I'm wrong, but something just doesn't add up here.

It all smells like dog sh*t.  I hope we don't walk away covered in it.

• Pie 1