• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would You Rather - DJ edition

Reebis21

Which option would you rather have  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which option would you rather have

• Option A
    • Option B

18 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Anderson is pushing 30 and he absolutely is not even close to the talent level of DJ. We can agree to disagree though. Numbers don’t tell the full story.

You said that Moore is our best receiver and it's not close. I said it is close. The numbers in fact do prove that out, but you are correct, they don't tell the whole story (but, remember, that goes both ways). 

28, which he is not yet, is not pushing 30. Anderson still has multiple prime years left depending upon how well he takes care of his business!  

Look, dude, I'm not disagreeing that it may be an oversight to devalue or belittle Moore. He is likely our most valuable receiver simply due to him being so young and hopefully yet to hit his stride, but he's going to have to up his game if he expects to get paid like a top five receiver in the game. He simply hasn't showed that skill level in regards to route running, or flat out doggedness! We're not talking Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas or Allen Robinson here. He's going to have to play to that level before I'd open up the bank vault  and deal him that type of money. Truth be told, in today's dollars He should probably get like 13-16 mil max. With everything that he's done (or not)--and you can whine about the QB play to a point--Moore hasn't played beyond the level where he isn't supposed to be a value-type signing as compared to a top dollar signing (Anderson hasn't either). If he expects that, then he better prove it this year (and I don't care what the Giants handed Golladay), otherwise he's still in the same tier, though a little higher on the wage scale, as Robby.

8 minutes ago, Mage said:

Moore has more yards over the last 3 seasons than Robinson

Yes he has, but he's played in a markedly better situation as well, and he's always been the expected WR1 and got those opportunities. Anderson came into the league as an undrafted free agent!

Edited by top dawg

3 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Numbers are the only story for a WR

13 minutes ago, top dawg said:

You said that Moore is our best receiver and it's not close. I said it is close. The numbers in fact do prove that out, but you are correct, they don't tell the whole story (but, remember, that goes both ways). 

28, which he is not yet, is not pushing 30. Anderson still has multiple prime years left depending upon how well he takes care of his business!  

Look, dude, I'm not disagreeing that it may be an oversight to devalue or belittle Moore. He is likely our most valuable receiver simply due to him being so young and hopefully yet to hit his stride, but he's going to have to up his game if he expects to get paid like a top five receiver in the game. He simply hasn't showed that skill level in regards to route running, or flat out doggedness! We're not talking Tyreek Hill, Michael Thomas or Allen Robinson here. He's going to have to play to that level before I'd open up the bank vault  and deal him that type of money. Truth be told, in today's dollars He should probably get like 13-16 mil max. With everything that he's done (or not)--and you can whine about the QB play to a point--Moore hasn't played beyond the level where he isn't supposed to be a value-type signing as compared to a top dollar signing (Anderson hasn't either). If he expects that, then he better prove it this year (and I don't care what the Giants handed Golladay), otherwise he's still in the same tier, though a little higher on the wage scale, as Robby.

Athletically they are not close to being in the same class. DJ does things that Anderson cannot. DJ can do everything Anderson can do. Doesn’t mean Anderson is a scrub. He’s a baller but DJ is just on a way higher level both in production ability and athleticism. these are my opinions from what I’ve seen on game days.

Anderson was Teddy’s favorite WR for most of the year and remember how many times he literally wouldn’t even look DJ’s way when he was wide open?  Or in clutch situations DJ would be wide ass open and teddy would completely miss him. You can’t put numbers on stuff like that. There were threads on here about how pissed DJ was at Teddy on the field. 

DJ still had 1200 yards and 4 tds while Robby had 1100 yards and 3 tds. It’s just an eye test for me. Agree to disagree. 

36 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yes he has, but he's played in a markedly better situation as well, and he's always been the expected WR1 and got those opportunities. Anderson came into the league as an undrafted free agent!

Robinson, not Anderson

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Simply saying that doesn't mean a thing.

There is a reason there was no market for Robby Anderson last year. Dj moore only player in last 2 years to go over 1,200 total yards. The guy is explosive and threat to score from anywhere on the field. Anderson faded down the stretch. 

moore had 9 games of 90 or more yards compared to Anderson’s 5. There were multiple times throughout the season where teddy missed a wide open moore for huge plays. Moore had 3 games under 50 yards and got hurt in one of those games. Anderson had 6 of those games. Dj moore is a number 1 in this league. Robby Anderson is not. 

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

Athletically they are not close to being in the same class. DJ does things that Anderson cannot. DJ can do everything Anderson can do. Doesn’t mean Anderson is a scrub. He’s a baller but DJ is just on a way higher level both in production ability and athleticism. these are my opinions from what I’ve seen on game days.

Anderson was Teddy’s favorite WR for most of the year and remember how many times he literally wouldn’t even look DJ’s way when he was wide open?  Or in clutch situations DJ would be wide ass open and teddy would completely miss him. You can’t put numbers on stuff like that. There were threads on here about how pissed DJ was at Teddy on the field. 

DJ still had 1200 yards and 4 tds while Robby had 1100 yards and 3 tds. It’s just an eye test for me. Agree to disagree. 

Anderson had 18 more targets than Moore, a little more than one per game. I'd argue that Samuel was his favorite target based upon his targets vs snap count, but of course Samuel was the slot man. Where Anderson eclipsed Samuel by a marked margin is in catch percentage roughly around 15 percent more completions on a relative basis. 

4 hours ago, Reebis21 said:

I don’t dislike DJ, but I’ve never heard anybody call him an absolute game changer. He’s never discussed amongst the current great WRs in the game. More importantly, it’s his future price tag that scares the hell outta me. I also wasn’t advocating letting the man walk for nothing either.

Only WR in the league to eclipse 1,200 yards the last two seasons... he did so with Kyle Allen and Teddy Bridgewater as his QBs...

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Beer 1