• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2 LTs

Martin

Assuming we get a QB with the first pick without losing our 2nd rounder, what are the top LT options for us?

I like the athleticism of James Hudson and D’Ante Smith, they feel like high upside guys that in the mold of Saints Terron Armstead (he also needed some development when drafted).

Do your homework on Hudson--head case? https://theathletic.com/1134683/2019/08/13/coach-called-me-a-liar-mom-michigan-cincinnati-remain-at-odds-in-the-james-hudson-saga/ 

Smith is not a second rounder, imo.  I think he will end up as an NFL G. 

The second round LTs are not without flaws---Leatherwood maybe?

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Do your homework on Hudson--head case? https://theathletic.com/1134683/2019/08/13/coach-called-me-a-liar-mom-michigan-cincinnati-remain-at-odds-in-the-james-hudson-saga/ 

Smith is not a second rounder, imo.  I think he will end up as an NFL G. 

The second round LTs are not without flaws---Leatherwood maybe?

If leatherwood makes it to our pick I would do it.  Eichenberg, Jackson Carman and Alaric Jackson are guys I like too.  

• Beer 2

Eichenberg is my choice. Not an elite athlete but ready to play. I think this staff would go with Hudson over him due to athletic profile. If tevin jenkins is still there, run to the podium to select. I think he goes first round. 

D'ante Smith is a good one that will he available late in the second if we trade back. 

Leatherwood is not a LT imo. Will end up at G. Gives up lots of pressure to the edge. 

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, mickeye76 said:

If leatherwood makes it to our pick I would do it.  Eichenberg, Jackson Carman and Alaric Jackson are guys I like too.  

stretch if he stays outside at RT l, but love to bring him in as a LG prospect. Iowa produces solid lineman. He is a sleeper imo.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, chbright said:

stretch if he stays outside at RT l, but love to bring him in as a LG prospect. Iowa produces solid lineman. He is a sleeper imo.

I think Eichenberg will be a good NFL tackle. Carman and Jackson are probably looking at playing guard in the NFL, and I think both will be very good guards.

16 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Might want to look at Brady Christensen from BYU. Guy is more athletic than I thought. He just broke the broad jump record for Olinemen by 3 inches.

Broad Jump - 10'4"

Vertical - 34"

Bench - 30 reps 

Waiting to see the rest of his results. 

Lotta dudes to choose from this year

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • The D 1

6 hours ago, Panthero said:

Eichenberg is my choice. Not an elite athlete but ready to play. I think this staff would go with Hudson over him due to athletic profile. If tevin jenkins is still there, run to the podium to select. I think he goes first round. 

D'ante Smith is a good one that will he available late in the second if we trade back. 

Leatherwood is not a LT imo. Will end up at G. Gives up lots of pressure to the edge. 

Same on Jenkins. If he is there to start end 2, move up for him. Big nasty RT road grader type. Kinda another Otah type of not really a good fit at LT but hell of a RT.

• Pie 2