• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why nothing matters anymore

RIPTreyLance

47 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Reap what you sow. The reason we are in this position is because of David Tepper. Every move he's made so far has blown up in his face. I have no faith in him being a successful owner in the NFL. Hope im wrong but so far its not looking like it 

the HC hire seems to be a great one so far. we have no idea about the GM, but he seems competent enough so far. what exactly has he done that’s blown up in his face? from where i sit, it looks like the team is trending up.

• Beer 3

51 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Reap what you sow. The reason we are in this position is because of David Tepper. Every move he's made so far has blown up in his face. I have no faith in him being a successful owner in the NFL. Hope im wrong but so far its not looking like it 

So in your opinion, Tepper knew about Watson's alleged sexual assault history months before it hit the media?

Edited by Tepper's Chest Hair
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

So in your opinion, Tepper knew about Watson's alleged sexual assault history months before it hit the media?

My post had absolutely nothing to do with Deshaun Watson.

Other than the fact we shouldn't even be at this point with the most important position on the team but hey David Tepper is going to be David Tepper and that's pretty much that.

As far as the Rhule hiring goes. Still more of a questionable hire than the "slam dunk" most people are pretending that he is. So far he is a 5-11 Head coach and until he does better that is what he is. 

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

19 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

What happened to their coach?  And no, it has not "turned out well for them".  Tanking in the NFL does not work.  Everyone is going full /swoon over Miami's brilliant strategy.  Guess what.  They never tanked.  Once.  Ever.  

Not enough to make us lose.  Haskins is terrible.

This is also why you are regulated to whining on forums, and not a GM.

I express my opinion never applied to be a gm. Im not here to suck up to the masses and sugar coat anything. Who are you anyway new guy? I dont even know why i have to address you in this way.

18 hours ago, RIPTreyLance said:

I'm tempted to make a new thread asking this but I'll restrain and just ask you, how would you feel if all the QBs were taken and we picked Patrick surtain and doubled down and sent our 2nd for JC jackson? I know, sounds crazy but if we don't get a QB I think I'd rather just go all out to repair the defense 

If all the qbs are gone im going with best positional value. from what i have seen the differnce between surtain and the next cb is razor thin. We lack a legit redzone weapon and TE Im all on the pitts train at that point.

14 hours ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Miami started the season 0-7.  You are right.

They ended the season 5-4. 

Where do you see them tanking?  I swear.  At least pretend to glance at football records or something.

Twice last season this happened for two different teams.  Where a team tanked a single game.

The people responsible never coached another game.

Jets DC after looking like he intentionally went to lose the game vs Raiders at the last second.

Eagles HC.

The fact they tanked away All those assets to build for the future just because they won 5 games there at the end doesnt negate that fact.  Trading away young players worth first round value is legit the idea behind a fire sale and tanking... plz learn the gm

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1

15 hours ago, Mother Grabber said:

the HC hire seems to be a great one so far. we have no idea about the GM, but he seems competent enough so far. what exactly has he done that’s blown up in his face? from where i sit, it looks like the team is trending up.

HC hire is great? The same one that fired teddy and other scubs? You think hurney had any say in all of that? It was Rhule. And winning 5 games with his sure fire amazing qb teddy is great? Nope, don’t think so. Also it’s literally impossible for any team with teddy as it’s starting qb to be trending up. Team chose teddy over trending up actually 

• Poo 1

Doug Peterson wasnt fired for tanking the game he was fired for fighting Wentz all season and having a very bad year as coach. His tanking decision just set the team up much better for the future and everyones already forgotten about it. 

also lol at the people saying fins didnt tank. I guess trading away good players for picks actually helped them? You sound dumb 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

Doug Peterson wasnt fired for tanking the game he was fired for fighting Wentz all season and having a very bad year as coach. His tanking decision just set the team up much better for the future and everyones already forgotten about it. 

also lol at the people saying fins didnt tank. I guess trading away good players for picks actually helped them? You sound dumb 

Exactly... those guys weren't scrubs.. they fetched first round value.. top 10 draft picks and young. How is that not tanking?

10 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

The fact they tanked away All those assets to build for the future just because they won 5 games there at the end doesnt negate that fact.  Trading away young players worth first round value is legit the idea behind a fire sale and tanking... plz learn the gm

Doesn't negate what?

That they weren't tanking?

How can you claim they were tanking when they were actively trying to win games..and did?

5 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

How is that not tanking?

They...won...games.

Panthers didn't tank because they won *1* game.

Fins went 5-4 to end the season, and you are saying they tanked.

Are you listening to yourself?  They had the same exact record as the Panthers.  But you are telling me they were actively trying to lose.

8 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

I didn't say he was fired for tanking, but it was obviously the last straw.  My point is the 2 times last year a coach actively tanked a game..they were also fired.

I sound dumb?  You are saying that a team with the *same record as Carolina* was actively tanking while ending the season on a 5-4 run.

What the hell do you consider tanking?  Obviously you can some how tank while winning games?

I swear.  You can't honestly believe the words you are saying.

• Pie 1