• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sax's Panthers Plan (or reality?): Trey Lance | QB | NDSU

saX man

The push to give away multiple firsts for developmental guys like Lance is crazy. I could see staying at 8 and taking a shot with Lance or Jones but to me the only QB worth multiple firsts is Wilson. This is just getting crazy. Teams are so desperate for a starting QB that they are way over reaching for guys who in other years wouldnt be getting drafted in the top 10  for sure. And giving multiple firsts to move up. Speaks more to desperation than a truly outstanding class of QBs.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 3

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

The push to give away multiple firsts for developmental guys like Lance is crazy. I could see staying at 8 and taking a shot with Lance or Jones but to me the only QB worth multiple firsts is Wilson. This is just getting crazy. Teams are so desperate for a starting QB that they are way over reaching for guys who in other years wouldnt be getting drafted in the top 10  for sure. And giving multiple firsts to move up. Speaks more to desperation than a truly outstanding class of QBs.

The market is different, but it is what it is; Kansas City traded up 15 spots and gave another third and a first to move up for Mahomes! 

I find it just a tad hypocritical to say "I'd give up multiple firsts for Wilson, but not Lance." At the end of the day, they're all in the same boat, with lots to prove.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 3

the niners packed in at Lance's pro day and then made this trade shortly after

Fields hasn't even had his and if you're giving up three 1's and change for a guy, especially without a combine, a PD is the kind of thing you wanna see

couple that with them telling garrappolo and the media they want him to start this season, and it suggests pretty heavily they're looking to redshift a developmental guy

arrows seem to be pointing Lance

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

You guys are getting it wrong. Every insider has Lance going #3 and projects that he’s the guy SF covets. Leaving Fields, who the Falcons will surely draft. They for damn sure wouldn’t deal with a division rival lmao

Falcons fans seem to think they aren't going QB, and after the Ryan restructure I doubt it too

• Pie 1

Everyone acts like Lance is some finished product that everyone needs right away. He’s a developmental guy for a team that is not ready to compete. That’s us. He will fall to 8 and we’ll take him. TB will start next year, our new line and defense will gel.  Lance will get reps in practice and get his feet wet with a drive or two in the games. 

if lance is somehow not there, we move back far enough to grab a future first, and pick best available LT and Corner in rounds 1-2. Then go get Wilson next year.

the build is happening. A plan a and plan b is in place. Patience padawans. 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, top dawg said:

I find it just a tad hypocritical to say "I'd give up multiple firsts for Wilson, but not Lance." At the end of the day, they're all in the same boat, with lots to prove.

Not even close. Wilson played for BYU who plays against other big time programs. Lance played for a  small school and small time competition and didn't play but 1 game in over a year.  The record is pretty clear. For every small school QB iprospect in the NFL who went on to a big career, there are tons who either didn't make it or never fulfilled their promise. Again I am not a huge fan of giving up multiple firsts for anyone but to do it for anyone else especially a project like Lance is nuts.

Not even close. Wilson played for BYU who plays against other big time programs. Lance played for a  small school and small time competition and didn't play but 1 game in over a year.  The record is pretty clear. For every small school QB iprospect in the NFL who went on to a big career, there are tons who either didn't make it or never fulfilled their promise. Again I am not a huge fan of giving up multiple firsts for anyone but to do it for anyone else especially a project like Lance is nuts.

I'm not going to go back and forth about Wilson and Lance. Lance's upside is greater, period!