• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to be Talking to the Jets..

WOW!!

1 minute ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Where was Big Ben drafted? Where was Russel Wilson drafted? Where was Drew Brees drafted? Where was Aaron Rodgers drafted? Where was Lamar Jackson drafted? Where was Josh Allen drafted? Where was Pat Mahomes drafted? Where was Tom Brady drafted? 

Should I keep going? 

Allen was drafted 7th so we are one spot out, just like we were with Herbert.

Drew Brees did not become a HoF'er on the team that drafted him.

Lamar Jackson is a RB.

I guess we have a shot at the other types but QB has a premium price on it now. 

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Depending what it would cost, I'd be all for trading for Darnold and drafting a LT at 8.

But I'm not sure I'd give up even our second rounder this year, maybe 3rd this year or 2nd next year and add in like a future pick in the 5-7 round range, I'd do that.

Darnold had terrible coaches and no supporting cast, give him CMC, DJ, Robby, and a good staff, he could be very successful.

This years 3rd next years 3rd or 4th should do it..

1 minute ago, PootieNunu said:

Lamar Jackson is a RB.

That RB has thrown 62 TDs in the last 2 years 

• Pie 2

Lamar Jackson is a RB.

I edited all of them with their draft spots. Half weren’t even in the 1st round. Out of those that were, almost all were picked 10th or later. The idea we have to sell the farm to get a franchise QB is just wrong. Not only that, it would be foolish to do so. History backs me up on this. Stop panicking. We have another year or two to get the franchise guy. Go ahead and get his LT this year. We will be sitting on an elite LT prospect at pick 8. That’s fine. What’s the rush? 

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

I edited all of them with their draft spots. Half weren’t even in the 1st round. Out of those that were, almost all were picked 10th or later. The idea we have to sell the farm to get a franchise QB is just wrong. Not only that, it would be foolish to do so. History backs me up on this. Stop panicking. We have another year or two to get the franchise guy. Go ahead and get his LT this year. We will be sitting on an elite LT prospect at pick 8. That’s fine. What’s the rush? 

Will we though?

Sewell will be gone more than likely, how elite is a LT prospect with 33 inch arms?

Slater may be great but who knows.

Will we though?

Sewell will be gone more than likely, how elite is a LT prospect with 33 inch arms?

Slater may be great but who knows.

Compared to what we have had at LT since Gross left? Miles better. 

My point is that you don’t have to sell the farm to get a QB and we don’t have to get a QB now. Suppose we trade 3 firsts for Wilson. Then what? We won’t have the opportunity to draft an elite prospect at LT in the first round for the next two years AND if Wilson doesn’t pan out, we set ourselves back another 5 years by having to recoup what we lost and still find another QB. All for a kid who played against minimal competition at BYU.

We just need to be patient. Stop trying to force the QB situation and just build a talented roster right now. That’s how rebuilds work.