• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

We need to be Talking to the Jets..

WOW!!

In my mind the way things have gone down so far seems to be putting us in prime position to draft a stud LT to protect whoever our future QB is going to be for the next decade. I’m more than fine with that. 

There will be more QBs in next years draft. I don’t want to watch Teddy for another year, but I didn’t expect us to be in the playoffs this year anyway. Get me a LT and keep filling the remaining roster holes. Get the QB of the future next year. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

The team f*cking sucks from top to bottom. Even with a good QB this team might be .500. Not enough elite talent to compete with the good teams. I’m down for them to trade down in the first and accumulate picks. Build the roster up. Draft a rookie QB in the later rounds and maybe it works out Russell Wilson style. If not, draft a QB next season. 

• Pie 3
  • Poo 4

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

In my mind the way things have gone down so far seems to be putting us in prime position to draft a stud LT to protect whoever our future QB is going to be for the next decade. I’m more than fine with that. 

There will be more QBs in next years draft. I don’t want to watch Teddy for another year, but I didn’t expect us to be in the playoffs this year anyway. Get me a LT and keep filling the remaining roster holes. Get the QB of the future next year. 

The more holes we fill the more it will cost to eventually get our QB because of our draft position.

Qbs are not suddenly going to be cheaper next draft.

12 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The more holes we fill the more it will cost to eventually get our QB because of our draft position.

Qbs are not suddenly going to be cheaper next draft.

Where was Big Ben drafted? 11th pick. Where was Russel Wilson drafted? Third round. Where was Drew Brees drafted? Second round. Where was Aaron Rodgers drafted? 24th pick. Where was Lamar Jackson drafted? 32nd pick. Where was Josh Allen drafted? The 7th pick. Where was Pat Mahomes drafted? The 10th pick. Where was Tom Brady drafted? The 6th round. 

Should I keep going? You guys keep claiming we have to give up ludicrous draft capital if we ever want to get a QB. I’m tell you that you are wrong. I brought evidence to support my argument. I can provide more if needed.

Edited by TheMostInterestingMan
  • Pie 5

6 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

We could still do that.. Darnold price isn't our 1st round pick..

• Beer 2

I told every single person here as soon as Bridgewater was signed we would be sitting here rationalizing awful ideas like this in phase 2 of QB purgatory

next it'll be the mid round developmental guy who "really has some upside, Russell Wilson etc etc"

Edited by Growl
  • Pie 4

Depending what it would cost, I'd be all for trading for Darnold and drafting a LT at 8.

But I'm not sure I'd give up even our second rounder this year, maybe 3rd this year or 2nd next year and add in like a future pick in the 5-7 round range, I'd do that.

Darnold had terrible coaches and no supporting cast, give him CMC, DJ, Robby, and a good staff, he could be very successful.

• Pie 2

No to the big D until after the draft and off the trash heap. If that's the answer it better not cost draft capital or more than a meaningful year contract length. He could get us a #1 to #3 pick o  2022 so it wouldn't be all bad.