• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

To Sign or not to Sign - Bridgewater vs Draft. DRAFT

CPcavedweller

3 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

So asking for a redzone threat and a defense that can make a couple stops is asking for an all star cast?

Not at all. Our team has lots of holes.  But QB is a big one and Teddy's inability to perform with the game on the line was obvious. 

1 hour ago, CPcavedweller said:

Everyone other than Tom Brady and Rivers who was in a new system was below their career average. 

If I'm GM, I'm giving Bridgewater one more year with normal off-season workouts that actually include coaching with offensive staff before I'm cutting bait. Our playbook was likely severely limited and what wasn't limited wasn't practiced nearly as much as it otherwise would've been.

Id expect nothing less than .500 in games decided by one score or less and actually believe we could be furore effective in those situations with normal practice schedules. 

People need to understand than of the Panthers go 5-3 instead of 0-8 in those games the Panthers are 10-6. If the Panthers break .500 we are 9-7 and in the playoffs.

I blame COVID partially because Bridgewater showed some moxy in leading the team throughout games until closing when you require scripted play calls that require practice and familiarity.

Count me as the oddball here,, but I won't be as upset as most if we don't draft a QB in this draft at all. 

The measure of a QB is can he win the Superbowl. 

Anything less than winning the Superbowl is a failing season. 

Teddy can't win a Superbowl so we need to find someone who can. 

22 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

Really you have no idea what this team would have looked like with a more risk taking QB.  Most likely wouldn't have been in many of those situations in the first place.  You can't just play Teddy for 3 quarters then insert another QB for different situations.

You think Teddy and his 15 TDs vs. 11 INTs were the reason we we're in position to be competitive in the 4th quarter? My god, this fan base is completely shell shocked. We have suckitis PTSD.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, injury. Teddy was always on the... gossamer side! That's an obvious knock, but to suggest that it was anything more than injury is being disingenuous. Teddy had more than one suitor last offseason. I was just miffed that he got a two-year prove-it deal as opposed to the traditional one-year.

QBs who have been on four rosters in seven years aren't starting caliber QBs.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

So asking for a redzone threat and a defense that can make a couple stops is asking for an all star cast?

This is revisionist history. The defense was unreliable at times but in the second half of the season in particular I watched them get the ball back for the offense many times only for Bridgewater to squander it. Some of it was playcalling but many of the wasted drives fall squarely on the qb.

• Pie 1

47 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

We also need a better backup option, though, because our current options are severely limited.  Its true it is rare you get an elite guy outside the first, but that doesn't mean we should reach for any QB possible in the 1st either.  I think we're in a position where we need to add something to our pool of QBs and the draft is still a possibility there, even if it isn't our "franchise".

I also am fine with trading up a bit if one of the top 4 slides, or if Jones is who SF picks, I just don't expect that to happen.

No way I’m spending capital on a backup this draft when we don’t even have a franchise qb. It doesn’t matter right now imo.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

This is revisionist history. The defense was unreliable at times but in the second half of the season in particular I watched them get the ball back for the offense many times only for Bridgewater to squander it. Some of it was playcalling but many of the wasted drives fall squarely on the qb.

Remember that time Teddy sailed the ball ten feet over a wide open DJ's head in the endzone then blamed the coaching staff for not getting the play call in sooner so he had time to check to a run?

LOLOLOLOL

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Easy to say when someone has had a significant injury.

LOL! That was five years ago. He's on his third roster since that injury. The guy isn't good enough. All the mental gymanstics in the world isn't going to make him good enough. We're sub-.500 again and $17M of cap space down the drain if he's in the roster next year. 100% loser mentality.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's stunning how quickly so many in this fan base have reverted back to last summer's mentality of desperately trying to convince themselves that Teddy might be the answer despite the mountain of evidence screaming otherwise.

Who has said Teddy is the answer? That's simply hyperbolic poppycock! 

Most here are saying that he isn't the answer, but no one has given any definitive solution to who is a better answer right now! There are better answers, but we either have to give up the farm, or roll the dice and hope that some thus far imperfect, middling talent shows better than Teddy did in 2020.

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

Who has said Teddy is the answer? That's simply hyperbolic poppycock! 

Most here are saying that he isn't the answer, but no one has given any definitive solution to who is a better answer right now! There are better answers, but we either have to give up the farm, or roll the dice and hope that some thus far imperfect, middling talent shows better than Teddy did in 2020.

Minshew has been a better QB in so years than Teddy has been over his career. Teddy couldn’t sniff a season like Gardners rookie year. And he outperformed Teddy this year while hurt and having a team try and tank. The Jags just signed a backup QB and are drafting Lawrence. They no longer need Minshew.