• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers don't love other QB's besides Lawrence and Wilson

TheSpecialJuan

The next year mantra has been done before to no avail. This is groundhog day for Panthers fans now. At least in 2010 we knew how to secure the bag once the obvious became known unlike 2019 and 2020. As it is we still won't know if we'll finally get the dreaded no back to back winning seasons monkey off our back until at least 2023. But yeah keep hoping for that fabled next year boys.

• Pie 3

7 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

if anything what the 49ers trade shows is that if you feel you only need 1 piece to be competitive, you can sacrifice a ton.  We are not 1 piece away, so sacrificing a ton for unproven commodity, even one as enticing as Wilson, seems too big a risk.

You are making sense today! Keep it going...

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The next year mantra has been done before to no avail. This is groundhog day for Panthers fans now. At least in 2010 we knew how to secure the bag once the obvious became known unlike 2019 and 2020. As it is we still won't know if we'll finally get the dreaded no back to back winning seasons monkey off our back until at least 2023. But yeah keep hoping for that fabled next year boys.

This is correct, but with Marty, whose job was on the line most of the time, there was no long-range plan. If we decide to build the roster and draft a QB next year, here is what I would do:

Trade back.  Some team will trade up for a WR, T, etc. add a first rounder in 2022.  Add a second rounder this year.  Then next year, you have 2 firsts, cap room, etc.  You have added your CB and OT. 

Just now, rippadonn said:

Who? Tepper? Rhule? Glick? Fitterer? 

Yeah, not a good track record so far. I could help them.

More like personnel people from every team in the league.

And no, you can't help them, unless they need advice on how to unintentionally tank.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

More like personnel people from every team in the league.

And no, you can't help them, unless they need advice on how to unintentionally tank.

Who Bill Belichick? I would have started Cam too. At least 3 or so more years. He doesn't need my help. Obviously.