• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are we doing in the draft?

Verge

Fields, Lance would be ideal. Sewell, Slater fill a huge need. Chase or Surtain are the best at their positions with CB being a bigger need, but Chase possibly being the better prospect. I have three tiers of which I can live with.

1. Fields/Lance

2. Sewell/Skater

3. Chase/Surtain 

With Lawrence, Wilson going 1 & 2 one if these players should be available.

Worst case could be Chase, LT in the 2nd, and trade 3 for Darnold??

20 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Who

Well if 5 QBs go before 8...that means either Chase, Sewell or Pitts would be there at 8.   And they all 3 have top 5 grades and IMO are better players than the top 2 CBs.  The 3 are of them are just too good to let need dictate in that spot.  Rest of the draft I would want need to play a big role though 

Just now, CRA said:

Well if 5 QBs go before 8...that means either Chase, Sewell or Pitts would be there at 8.   And they all 3 have top 5 grades and IMO are better players than the top 2 CBs

Yeah those guys are better

I also wouldn't be mad if the Panthers were behind these anonymous "work ethic" questions about Justin Fields that suddenly just popped up to try and get him to fall. Do what you gotta do

5 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yeah those guys are better

I also wouldn't be mad if the Panthers were behind these anonymous "work ethic" questions about Justin Fields that suddenly just popped up to try and get him to fall. Do what you gotta do

I heard Fields hates football and will quit once he makes his money...  Spread the word!!

• Pie 1

Just now, Verge said:

If we draft a QB I imagine we would send Teddy Bridgewater in a trade to DEN, SF, or NO. 

I honestly don't care where we send him or for what. I just want him gone. It's just my opinion based on nothing more than interview comments, but it seemed like the relationship between Teddy and our staff took a sharp turn south (understandably) after he made those comments blaming the paly call for coming in late after he missed DJ wide open in the endzone.

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So we can use our 3rd to jump to 6/7 get our guy and trade Teddy for a 3rd? That would work out awesome, and save some cap space!

Works for me. I'd just be surprised if anyone is willing to give up a 3rd for Teddy and take on his current contract rather than just waiting for him to be cut or waiting on us to lower our asking price.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:16 PM, top dawg said:

If either Lance or Fields are there while Cinci is on the clock, I think that we absolutely do love Fields or Lance enough to trade up. I'm getting the sense from @saX man and @Verge and Alaina Getzenberg that we like both QBs more than we're letting on, and I believe we're going to jump at the first opportunity to get a franchise QB within reason. Moving up a few spots should be a relatively small price to pay.

We've honestly no idea who our Front Office likes. 

It's a brand new GM who's never drafted before and a HC that clearly favours athletes. 

This is going to be a very interesting Draft for us - hopefully last year wasn't a fluke. 

Edited by OldhamA

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Works for me. I'd just be surprised if anyone is willing to give up a 3rd for Teddy and take on his current contract rather than just waiting for him to be cut or waiting on us to lower our asking price.

Yeah I mean he could compete for the starting job in NO, DEN, and WFT (I think they are going to get Darnold). Honestly I could see him doing ok in NE to backup/compete with Cam.

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

We've honestly no idea who our Front Office likes. 

It's a brand new GM who's never drafted before and a HC that clearly favours athletes. 

This is going to be a very interesting Draft for us - hopefully last year wasn't a fluke. 

I think Rhule had a lot of influence on our draft last year, hopefully he will again this year.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think Rhule had a lot of influence on our draft last year, hopefully he will again this year.

Sounds like Rhule has roster control per the contracts. 

“I think in terms of on the contract, a lot of those things probably rest with me,” Rhule said, via Darin Gantt of Panthers.com. “But that’s not something I’m real interested in. I think it’s kind of a formality. Scott’s here to run the personnel. He’s here to build the roster. He’s here to establish the draft process. I think some things are written into the contract, but I think we’re going to work collaboratively and work together.”

• Pie 2