• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Fromm

I mean I wouldn't mind fromm as a FA but I dont think a 4th is worth it. He likely never sees a 2nd contract in Buffalo. So they may take about anything just to get something back. Throw out a conditional 6th I could buy. A 4th or 5th straight up? No

1 hour ago, chbright said:

I mean I wouldn't mind fromm as a FA but I dont think a 4th is worth it. He likely never sees a 2nd contract in Buffalo. So they may take about anything just to get something back. Throw out a conditional 6th I could buy. A 4th or 5th straight up? No

He was a 5th rounder last year. I don't see them taking that but maybe now with Trubisky there for a year. Another ex-panther is their 3rd string. Davis Webb. I'd just like to see what the kid could do. I mean in High school he had cameras following him everywhere. And he won. In college the same. Heck even little league baseball where he won the World series as a 12 year old. The kid is a winner. And not for just a year or 2 like many. 

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Fromm was the wrong choice between he and Fields. No idea why Kirby chose Fromm but if UGA had Fields instead, I'm thinking they beat Alabama. 

I wouldn't trade Grier for Fromm, let alone a 4th or 5th. 

It’s hard to bench a guy who got you so many wins. To me, Dabo and Saban are the only two coaches who make moves like that to win. 

7 hours ago, Missouri Cat Fan said:

Yall live with whatever is new. Fromm was drafted last year if you don't forget. So last year was a complete waste. FYI I am not a Georgia fan. Except for their politics. We can hope for another athletic qb that rarely ever wins a Super Bowl. For ex. Vick, Jackson, SCam and the list goes on and on. Fields and Lance will be huge busts and we will fall farther and farther back. Last qb with the name Jake did pretty good for us. And he was a nobody...Hmmm

@mods can we ban this guy

• Pie 1
  • Poo 3

58 minutes ago, Missouri Cat Fan said:

He was a 5th rounder last year. I don't see them taking that but maybe now with Trubisky there for a year. Another ex-panther is their 3rd string. Davis Webb. I'd just like to see what the kid could do. I mean in High school he had cameras following him everywhere. And he won. In college the same. Heck even little league baseball where he won the World series as a 12 year old. The kid is a winner. And not for just a year or 2 like many. 

Brandon Beane is one of the best GMs in the league. He needed to upgrade his backup qb and Fromm fell to the fifth round and Beane took a flier. He had an entire season to evaluate Fromm and decided to sign Mitch Trubisky to backup Josh Allen. I don’t give a chit about his little league baseball or Georgia politics. I do know it looks like Brandon Beane gave up on Fromm after one season. 

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You sure are doing a lot of dog whistling here singling out all black QBs while begging for white ones...

What if by some chance this is just the way the chips fell with his opinion and color had nothing to do with it? Pretty much wrecks your agenda doesn't it. I don't agree with his assessment at all but what if that was simply his opinion and had nothing at all to do with what you are implying? You should lock the thread and call your little buddies in the tinderbox mafia to come save the day.

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

What if by some chance this is just the way the chips fell with his opinion and color had nothing to do with it? Pretty much wrecks your agenda doesn't it. I don't agree with his assessment at all but what if that was simply his opinion and had nothing at all to do with what you are implying? You should lock the thread and call your little buddies in the tinderbox mafia to come save the day.

If it was up to me the Tinderbox would no longer exist. All I'm saying here is that this poster seems to have a very obvious agenda.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If it was up to me the Tinderbox would no longer exist. All I'm saying here is that this poster seems to have a very obvious agenda.

Dude, I could care less about the color of someone's skin. Respect is respect. I literally tried to think of an athletic qb that is white. Allen is too young yet. The Golden Calf of Bristol? He didn't win either. Lawrence? Steve Young? I mean if you can add to that list feel free. Isnt this a forum? Where people chat about stuff and not tear down others opinions? Isn't that what America is struggling with. Guess what sir. I am entitled to my opinion just as you are. I'm not the one who tried to stir the pot. And I am not going to stoop to the disrespect many others have shown here. You have a very nice night and maybe wake up tomorrow, feeling like a new person. 1

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, Panthers8969 said:

@mods can we ban this guy.

Yeah that is very rational and makes so very much sense. Ban the dude because his opinion is different than yours. I don't agree with his take either but I thought on a message board you debated as was the whole point? Let's ban anyone that may have thoughts different than ours, great idea!

• Beer 2
  • Poo 2

41 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

Yeah that is very rational and makes so very much sense. Ban the dude because his opinion is different than yours. I don't agree with his take either but I thought on a message board you debated as was the whole point? Let's ban anyone that may have thoughts different than ours, great idea!

You’re being overly dramatic. This place has many posts every day where people debate and argue with one another over difference of opinion. 

Let’s also not make blanket statements as not all difference of opinions are the same. Just because it’s a different thought process doesn’t mean it should be shared, nor does it mean the mods should allow it depending on what that opinion is. They don’t like QBs X, Y and Z and list their reasons? That’s fine. They don’t like a QB because of the color of his skin? Not ok. Attempting to bash “athletic” QB, while specifically mentioning only black ones is pretty close if not a little over the line considering I’d say Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson has been pretty successful the past couple years and some of them even longer and they all run. It does come across as a dog whistle. 

Im sure you can understand how some opinions need to be removed from this pace. And I agree with @LinvilleGorge, I personally wish this place didn’t have the Tinderbox but I just do my best to avoid it. People here are more intelligent when it comes to sports opinions than they are on their opinions of race, gender, politics, etc. It takes away from this place. It doesn’t add to it. 

• Pie 2