• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Source: Panthers Open to Drafting Quarterback With No. 8 Pick

NAS

1 minute ago, Verge said:

I wouldn't rule out Jaylen Waddle either. 

Our OL is still garbage. Thats the mind blowing aspect of this. We watched Cam go from an incredible talent to a nonfunctional QB due to garbage OL. I dont want a QB, WR, TE,CB, etc until we spend our first few picks on OL. Rhule is not an idiot and was an NFL OL coach. He sees this dumpster fire and as much as folks here want shiny things, I want in your face road grading animals that open holes and run the Chase Youngs of the world into Winston-Salem. Dont be stupid. 

1 minute ago, bobcat91 said:

Our OL is still garbage. Thats the mind blowing aspect of this. We watched Cam go from an incredible talent to a nonfunctional QB due to garbage OL. I dont want a QB, WR, TE,CB, etc until we spend our first few picks on OL. Rhule is not an idiot and was an NFL OL coach. He sees this dumpster fire and as much as folks here want shiny things, I want in your face road grading animals that open holes and run the Chase Youngs of the world into Winston-Salem. Dont be stupid. 

The depth at OT this year is bonkers. I would prefer OT at 8 myself, but the reasoning behind drafting a weapon or QB at 8 would be that. 

1 minute ago, bobcat91 said:

I agree, but maybe the think the drop off from Slater (Sewell probably won’t be there at 8...) and the round 2 LTs isn’t as big as from Chase/Waddle/Smith and the next tier of WRs. Not saying it’s right, but that could be a thought process...

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

The depth at OT this year is bonkers. I would prefer OT at 8 myself, but the reasoning behind drafting a weapon or QB at 8 would be that. 

Will we be able to get another pick for Teddy or we will ultimately have to cut him? An extra fourth or fifth this year could be nice in an excellent Oline draft. 

After quarterbacks go in the top three picks, the draft will begin in earnest when the Falcons go on the clock at No. 4.

Should Atlanta take Pitts, as many around the league anticipate, and Cincinnati take Chase at No. 5, it’s not hard to envision the Dolphins getting some sweet offers to move out of the sixth spot. The Broncos (who pick ninth) need a quarterback. Perhaps they would be willing to part with a second-rounder to move up three spots to get one.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article250605514.html

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

I agree, but maybe the think the drop off from Slater (Sewell probably won’t be there at 8...) and the round 2 LTs isn’t as big as from Chase/Waddle/Smith and the next tier of WRs. Not saying it’s right, but that could be a thought process...

Pretty sure the Panthers like Slater better anyway

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2