• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perhaps the most underrated OT in the Draft

MHS831

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

And a beast.  Can he play LT?

Although he's mainly played RT, he CAN play LT. I've seen him projected at the end of round 1 or round 2, if he makes it to #39, I'd be happy to take him, even if we do get Sewell or Slater at 8. Ultimately, I think Moton is playing hardball and will get a big payday from someone else next year.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

Although he's mainly played RT, he CAN play LT. I've seen him projected at the end of round 1 or round 2, if he makes it to #39, I'd be happy to take him, even if we do get Sewell or Slater at 8. Ultimately, I think Moton is playing hardball and will get a big payday from someone else next year.

exactly---draft some bookends.  I would not mind trading up to get him at the end of the first round....You know he would be an upgrade to moton and you would get him on a five-year deal---saving you about $20m per year on average over the next 4 years--I think we can trade Moton too, and prolly get a high pick for him in 2022. 

Slater and Jenkins?  Shhhoooooooot yeah.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

guys like him IMO are the textbook double edged sword.     

great mauling play and....overly aggressive boneheaded penalty because he can't control his emotions. 

Good point.  You don't see that stuff on these tapes.   But his technique is solid and that tends to reduce penalties--unless he loses it between his ears.

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Good point.  You don't see that stuff on these tapes.   But his technique is solid and that tends to reduce penalties--unless he loses it between his ears.

Dude can play.  He also is one of those dudes IMO who is wired weird.   If he isn't on your team you would deem him dirty IMO and try to get him to do stupid stuff. 

Cuts both ways.  I think you occasionally need a little of that on a roster though.  We have lacked that to some degree since 89 left.   But it is a fine line to walk in terms of helping/hurting. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, shaqattaq said:

I agree if we drafted slater in the 1st and this guy fell to our pick in the second I’d run to the podium. Having two tackles locked up for the next 4/5 years and letting moton walk would be HUGE for our cap. We could allocate more money to really good FA’s for the next several years and obviously good for whoever is our qb 

• Pie 1

Yes, I would love to double dip with Slater and Jenkins but I don’t think he’ll get past Green Bay at the 29th pick.  It would take a trade up with the Ravens at 27 (Saints have 28th, no way to doing deals with them). 

But you never know, I also said no way Yetur Gross-Matos reaches the 2nd round and it happened. 

13 minutes ago, DeSim said:

Yes, I would love to double dip with Slater and Jenkins but I don’t think he’ll get past Green Bay at the 29th pick.  It would take a trade up with the Ravens at 27 (Saints have 28th, no way to doing deals with them). 

But you never know, I also said no way Yetur Gross-Matos reaches the 2nd round and it happened. 

100% YGM would be a 1st this year. (I believe 16-25) Looking back, it was indeed a great haul. Roy played way above a 6th. picks 1-3 looking like all-pros cores types. Pride got some starts/snaps, highs and lows didnt become burn toast. STO """". Krobinson got cut humbled and mid season was added back and stuck. 

I mean watch out for Krobinson as a starter, it would not shock me. I like Sam Franklin, but Krob has real FS range and ballhawk skills. In dime this draft could have 6 starters form this one draft on defensive. 

14 hours ago, Basbear said:

Love Jenkins, hes OL N-A-S-T-Y. But most know him, so hes not underrated.

My pick for under-rated,(well until I make this claim...) is Spencer Brown! Who?? Who is right, he played at northern Iowa and should be a 2nd rounder..

image.jpeg.dab6ffab1ba8a4dcbf0c89ad6f727e61.jpeg

Mine too for RT.   Maybe he could develop into a LT?  I only want him if two things occur in rounds one and two.  First, we opt not to take a QB and take a LT.  Secondly we don't double dip on O-line before round 3.  While going OL with the first three picks would be great, we need a CB before day 3.

If no QB in round 1:

1)Sewell/Slater

2) Stokes/Samuel

3) Mienerz/Brown  (I know, IOL vs. RT, but Quinn should be gone)

• Beer 1

16 hours ago, CRA said:

Dude can play.  He also is one of those dudes IMO who is wired weird.   If he isn't on your team you would deem him dirty IMO and try to get him to do stupid stuff. 

Cuts both ways.  I think you occasionally need a little of that on a roster though.  We have lacked that to some degree since 89 left.   But it is a fine line to walk in terms of helping/hurting. 

Ideally I want my entire Oline to be wired that way. 

Weirdly you usually don't find LTs that play like that - they're usually more finesse players - but LG - RT I want guys there that want to bury defenders. 

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

exactly---draft some bookends.  I would not mind trading up to get him at the end of the first round....You know he would be an upgrade to moton and you would get him on a five-year deal---saving you about $20m per year on average over the next 4 years--I think we can trade Moton too, and prolly get a high pick for him in 2022. 

Slater and Jenkins?  Shhhoooooooot yeah.

Can't call him an upgrade before he's ever played a snap, plus Moton has been solid AF. But, he would save about crap ton of cash over the next few years.