• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlando Brown Jr on the block

Leotiger

5 hours ago, BrianS said:

Really?  You think this is ok?

image.png.2b72897c9285b27d88456df071bfceb3.png

Big, fat PASSSSSS.  Chiefs got fleeced.  They got a guy now who is going to want 15 mil+ per season for at least four years . . . and gave up THREE PICKS THIS YEAR.  Very glad we were not in on that.  We have Moton.  That's enough franchise tackles.

Breaks my heart haha,

We could have had him for #39 and #113 maybe more. And we could have paid him and moton .. the cap is about to explode.. let’s just hope chiefs can’t resign him and we sign him out right next year in free agency... or chiefs will figure away to resign him just like how the saints seems to be able to resign players when they already over the cap..

Either way we missed on a young franchise tackle because ? 

I’m fine with us not making this kind of deal right now when we don’t have clarity on the qb situation. We can still build the line through the draft. but this is absolutely a good deal for the chiefs when you have an mvp qb and your franchise tackle tore his Achilles. You HAVE to protect Mahomes. He is your half a billion dollar investment. This is the type of move we were unwilling to make with Cam on this team.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Leotiger said:

Breaks my heart haha,

We could have had him for #39 and #113 maybe more. And we could have paid him and moton .. the cap is about to explode.. let’s just hope chiefs can’t resign him and we sign him out right next year in free agency... or chiefs will figure away to resign him just like how the saints seems to be able to resign players when they already over the cap..

Either way we missed on a young franchise tackle because ? 

Its going to be a few seasons before the cap really gets up

Chiefs got screwed.  However, if they think he's the missing piece to another Super Bowl run, then they did what they had to do to ensure that.   Waaaaaay too steep for me.   The Darnold trade keeps looking better and better as long he just doesn't flat out suck.

7 hours ago, BrianS said:

Really?  You think this is ok?

image.png.2b72897c9285b27d88456df071bfceb3.png

Big, fat PASSSSSS.  Chiefs got fleeced.  They got a guy now who is going to want 15 mil+ per season for at least four years . . . and gave up THREE PICKS THIS YEAR.  Very glad we were not in on that.  We have Moton.  That's enough franchise tackles.

Huh? This is how it worked out for the Chiefs:

#31 overall sent to BAL for proven franchise LT

Swapped #94 overall for #58 overall 

Swapped 2022 5th for 2022 6th (who cares?)

Traded 4th round pick straight up. 

Not exactly sure how the Chiefs got fleeced? 

Young LTs don't come cheap. Good on the Chiefs for watching their young elite franchise QB take a beating in the Super Bowl and then actually fuging doing something to address it. Had the Panthers been smart enough to do the same, maybe we wouldn't be trying to convince ourselves that Sam Darnold will be our savior.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, TheRumGone said:

How does one compare trading for a pro bowl franchise left tackle to protect your all pro, mvp qb to us trading for sam fuging darnold? 

the mental gymnastics some of y’all do is quite insane.

Well this is the place where some people did somersaults when the last long term quarterback exited the franchise. Insanity is kind of the point. Part of me can't help but laugh at the recent results. Maybe this next failed quarterback we throw a bag of money at will be the answer.

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Young LTs don't come cheap. Good on the Chiefs for watching their young elite franchise QB take a beating in the Super Bowl and then actually fuging doing something to address it. Had the Panthers been smart enough to do the same, maybe we wouldn't be trying to convince ourselves that Sam Darnold will be our savior.

So true

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its going to be a few seasons before the cap really gets up

Explain if you can ? 

Tv deal just got extended (110 billy for 10 years.. 

the cap this year is like 180 

next year I project 210 

2023 it will jump even more because of the tv deal like 230 mill 

So please explain to me when and how much you think it will go up 

remember before this is season the cap has gone up an avg 10 mill per for the last 10 years 

Anyways none of us are cap experts. But too blindly not even entertain trying to pay 2 top tackles because you think it percentage wise is too much.. is the type of thinking of a bengals owner not the richest owner in the league that has shown he is more then willing to throw money around to win a championship (see Matt Rhule) it’s more then possible .. established young franchise tackles don’t come available .. anyways shame on y’all haha

9 minutes ago, Leotiger said:

Explain if you can ? 

Tv deal just got extended (110 billy for 10 years.. 

the cap this year is like 180 

next year I project 210 

2023 it will jump even more because of the tv deal like 230 mill 

So please explain to me when and how much you think it will go up 

remember before this is season the cap has gone up an avg 10 mill per for the last 10 years 

From what I have seen, 2022 is not supposed to have much of a cap jump. Projected to be like $192.5M in 2022 and $202.5M in 2023. Basically, an increase of $10M a year (the way it's usually been pre-COVID). The benefit of the new TV deal will happen downstream and not right away. I don't think there will be a year where the cap goes up a huge amount like it did that one season in the NBA when it was like the wild, wild west in free agency. So sure, 5 years from now the cap might be $50M more than it is now, but I don't think it will jump up by $50M in a single season any time soon (if ever). They set up the contract that way so players should be able to make more money across the life of the contract and not all at once (increasing the cap each year allows teams to spend more each year and attract free agents). Obviously they have announced what the plan is for the cap, but I would be surprised if suddenly there was a mountain of money available all at once.

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Huh? This is how it worked out for the Chiefs:

#31 overall sent to BAL for proven franchise LT

Swapped #94 overall for #58 overall 

Swapped 2022 5th for 2022 6th (who cares?)

Traded 4th round pick straight up. 

Not exactly sure how the Chiefs got fleeced? 

For one season. They are in a position to potentially make a SB run. It would make much less sense for us.

The key will be if he can transition to playing on the left  full time in a pass heavy scheme after being in that Ravens run offense.

Edited by Moo Daeng