• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

28 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Don't call me sweet dude race baiter. I'm not a dude, but I am sweet. aubrey plaza drinking GIF by NETFLIX

Is Mac known for getting wasted? I haven't heard that story yet. 

Got a link?

Oh you’re a woman? My bad. I remember another post from you that said something like “maybe I’m just an old man but people just want the new shiny thing” or something.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2742341-alabama-qb-mac-jones-arrested-for-dui.amp.html

which is fine people deserve second chances...

but this ain’t a good look.

2 hours ago, CashNewton22 said:

Im with you and as much as people worry I think one of Teppers biggest strengths are knowing what he doesn’t know and letting the people he pays (handsomely at that) do their jobs. I think he respects Fitt and Rhule enough to trust their judgement on the draft and just lets them run it. I’m sure he’s going to offer heavy input but I think ultimately he’s going to allow Rhule/Fitt to make the pick.

Tepper was supposed to be the one that wanted Watson so badly and was willing to give up anything for him. He was also reported to be the one that wanted Teddy gone. That doesn't seem like a guy that is smart and lets others do their jobs. That screams meddling owner.

35 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Well I mean when we win the Super Bowl next year our 2nd will pretty much be a third... 

Now that's optimism! 

To steer this back to the draft and keep the mega thread going...ATL going Lance could really swerve it all.

Many (including myself) bought into the Pitts pick at 4 but Lance is a definite possibility there.  Regardless of Ryan, Arthur Smith is a young coach wanting some life injected in the bland Falcons product.

1. JAX Lawrence

2. NYJ Wilson

3. SF Jones

4. ATL Lance

5. CIN Sewell

6. MIA Pitts

7. DET Chase

8. CAR Fields (or) Slater (or) Smith (or) Horn (or) trade?

--

That could be the top-7 selections if all teams stay put.  If ATL doesn't go Lance, then trade ups could happen, but if they do, then I don't see much movement until we're on the clock.  Talent is too good for those teams to pass up.  

Word is DET is pretty high on Slater so if they did, do we just go for a juggernaut offense and draft Chase?

So many possibilities. 

Just now, Verge said:

For what its worth, Daniel Jeremiah thinks we are going to take Patrick Surtain. 

Just now, Verge said:

For what its worth, Daniel Jeremiah thinks we are going to take Patrick Surtain. 

At 8? Also, the way the Cowboys are describing what they want in a corner and emphasizing ball skills, plus the Will Muschamp connection..... I could easily see them taking Horn over Surtain. 

1 minute ago, Jared Patterson said:

At 8? Also, the way the Cowboys are describing what they want in a corner and emphasizing ball skills, plus the Will Muschamp connection..... I could easily see them taking Horn over Surtain. 

That's what he said on the Rich Eisen podcast. DJ is pretty connected. 

2 minutes ago, Verge said:

I'm usually really nerdy about all prospects but I haven't given the CB class a hard look outside of Paulson Adebo (who I love for us).

Is the word pretty strong on Surtain in scout circles?  High floor with him and looks like he can just walk into any team and be their best corner. 

Just now, davos said:

I'm usually really nerdy about all prospects but I haven't given the CB class a hard look outside of Paulson Adebo (who I love for us).

Is the word pretty strong on Surtain in scout circles?  High floor with him and looks like he can just walk into any team and be their best corner. 

Surtain is very well regarded in NFL circles and is a clean prospect. I personally have Horn ranked higher but either one at 8 is cool with me.

• Pie 3

A CB in the 1st wouldn't shock me. Everything about our defensive scheme last year was built around protecting our weakness in the back end. I read up on Snow after questioning his hire. What we saw was not his scheme. He was simply trying to scheme around what he had to work with and honestly, I think he did a pretty damn good job. One way or the other, I expect a CB in the first three rounds.