• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Verge's 2021 Mock Draft

Verge

12 minutes ago, Verge said:

For what its worth, Daniel Jeremiah thinks we are going to take Patrick Surtain. 

Adam Sandler Reaction GIF

Doesnt have the long speed, Slater or Bama WRs should be rated much higher. I do remember the panthers DB coach(i cannt spell Fisbee jackson....) ran Surtain in some drills at bamas pro-day. Horn >> Sustian too. Id also 100% take Kwity Paye over Sus...

Edited by Basbear

29 minutes ago, Verge said:

That's what he said on the Rich Eisen podcast. DJ is pretty connected. 

DJ had us taking Simmons last year in his final mock. 

Simmons wasn’t in the final discussion at 7 last year. It was Brown or trade back and Simmons wasn’t a trade back target either 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It's a piece of the puzzle but its not as big a piece as LT

It can definitely help the defense, I'm actually high on getting a solid secondary, especially when you have someone like Burns that will get to the QB given enough time.

If there's no QB though, yeah LT is very difficult to find and might as well take one, even though I think it would just be hand holding Darnold to mediocrity.

@Verge So from your vantage point, is our board something like this?:

1. Penei Sewell

2. Patrick Surtain Jr.

3. Trey Lance

4. Justin Fields

*This assumes Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Chase, Pitts are off the board. And we still appear pretty quiet about Slater.  Panthers.com did a thing on him one time but I've seen little connecting us.

1 minute ago, davos said:

@Verge So from your vantage point, is our board something like this?:

1. Penei Sewell

2. Patrick Surtain Jr.

3. Trey Lance

4. Justin Fields

*This assumes Lawrence, Wilson, Jones, Chase, Pitts are off the board. And we still appear pretty quiet about Slater.  Panthers.com did a thing on him one time but I've seen little connecting us.

We are not drafting trey lance.   You can book that.  No way in hades that happens