• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely trading back in the first

Zod

Wouldn't be opposed if the worst possible scenario of the top 4 QBs, Pitts, Chase, and Sewell are all gone. Don't like spending pick #8 on a guy that will most likely have to play guard in Slater.

Trading to 15 still gives us the option for players like Darrisaw, Parsons, Farley, & Horn while probably picking up a 3rd and next years 1st from the Pats if they desperately want their QB before Denver.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We didn't ask the Jets about number two. In fact, nobody did.

I've read the stories about how the conversations actually went. From your responses, it doesn't sound like you have.

I'd suggest you should.

Yes, because literally everything comes to light. Every casual conversation between NFL executives with working relationship leaks word for word to the press. C'mon man. You're teaching so hard on this thread. We get it, you're very hopeful about Darnold. Cool. But you don't have to do these mental gymnastics and get all butthurt because others aren't nearly as hopeful.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, because literally everything comes to light. Every casual conversation between NFL executives with working relationship leaks word for word to the press. C'mon man. You're teaching so hard on this thread. We get it, you're very hopeful about Darnold. Cool. But you don't have to do these mental gymnastics and get all butthurt because others aren't nearly as hopeful.

So now if the story doesn't fit your narrative, they must be lying?

Seriously, dude 😳

If you look back at posts I made prior to the thread, you'll see I wasn't on board with trading for Darnold. I was willing to accept it if it happened though, and it did, so I have.

And yes, I'm hopeful it works because that's what's best for us. I don't know if it will. Neither do you, but you're emotional about it regardless.

As to why I'm hopeful, among other things...

- They did their homework

- They're professionals

- They're not Marty

I know some people here will be ready to burn everything down and throw away anything with the Panthers logo on it if the team doesn't take the guy they want in the draft. I'm a little too old for that and I've seen that scenario happen way too many times, so if it happens again I'll do what I always do and hope it works out.

If it doesn't, then that becomes the next discussion.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

So now if the story doesn't fit your narrative, they must be lying?

Seriously, dude 😳

If you look back at posts I made prior to the thread, you'll see I wasn't on board with trading for Darnold. I was willing to accept it if it happened though, and it did, so I have.

And yes, I'm hopeful it works because that's what's best for us. I don't know if it will. Neither do you, but you're emotional about it regardless.

As to why I'm hopeful, among other things...

- They did their homework

- They're professionals

- They're not Marty

I know some people here will be ready to burn everything down and throw away anything with the Panthers logo on it if the team doesn't take the guy they want in the draft. I'm a little too old for that and I've seen that scenario happen way too many times, so if it happens again I'll do what I always do and hope it works out.

If it doesn't, then that becomes the next discussion.

It's stating the blatantly obvious that if a move is made the franchise ultimately thinks it will be beneficial. If that's your argument then you really don't have an argument. I get the hopefulness aspect. Darnold has intriguing talent and he was in a bad situation with a bad coach. I just don't get the attacking approach toward people who see the significant indicators both historically and with Darnold's actual okay that this is unlikely to ultimately work out. I'm not screaming from the rafters that Darnold is trash and will always be trash, but it's truthful that he WAS trash in NY. We're just making a bet that it had more to do with the situation than the player. Similar bets across the league throughout history usually haven't paid off. That's all I'm saying.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's stating the blatantly obvious that if a move is made the franchise ultimately thinks it will be beneficial. If that's your argument then you really don't have an argument. I get the hopefulness aspect. Darnold has intriguing talent and he was in a bad situation with a bad coach. I just don't get the attacking approach toward people who see the significant indicators both historically and with Darnold's actual okay that this is unlikely to ultimately work out. I'm not screaming from the rafters that Darnold is trash and will always be trash, but it's truthful that he WAS trash in NY. We're just making a bet that it had more to do with the situation than the player. Similar bets across the league throughout history usually haven't paid off. That's all I'm saying.

And again, that's your opinion. But you're using your opinion as a basis for saying what the team thinks when the reality is you have no idea.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, and you REALLY think that we had an ongoing conversation with the Jets for weeks and never asked out of curiosity, "Hey, since we're chatting and friendly... just for shits and giggles... what about that #2 overall pick?"

C'mon man! Of COURSE we did.

We know we talked about trading up to number three and balked at that, so no, it's not a given that we talked about trading to number two.

And it was actually reported a while back that absolutely nobody made the Jets an offer for the number two pick because nobody believed they were willing to trade down.

As it turns out, they were right.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And again, that's your opinion. But you're using your opinion as a basis for saying what the team thinks when the reality is you have no idea.

We know we talked about trading up to number three and balked at that, so no, it's not a given that we talked about trading to number two.

And it was actually reported a while back that absolutely nobody made the Jets an offer for the number two pick because nobody believed they were willing to trade down.

As it turns out, they were right.

Yes, it's my opinion. I don't know why you keep thinking my opinion is something I'm staying as stone cold truth. 

Have you ever negotiated anything in your life? If you think we had ongoing conversations with the Jets and never once asked even in passing about the availability of the #2 overall pick them I have some oceanfront property outside of Asheville that I'd like to present to you. Amazing investment opportunity. Truly a one of a kind property.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes, it's my opinion. I don't know why you keep thinking my opinion is something I'm staying as stone cold truth. 

Have you ever negotiated anything in your life? If you think we had ongoing conversations with the Jets and never once asked even in passing about the availability of the #2 overall pick them I have some oceanfront property outside of Asheville that I'd like to present to you. Amazing investment opportunity. Truly a one of a kind property.

Again, here in your second paragraph you're framing your opinion as fact. I'm telling you what's been reported.

Could the story change? Sure, but it also might not.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Again, here in your second paragraph you're framing your opinion as fact. I'm telling you what's been reported.

Could the story change? Sure, but it also might not.

I'm saying not everything gets reported. The conversation almost certainly never went anywhere. They probably said #2 was straight up off the table. But there's zero chance we didn't at least ask in passing about it. There's zero reason not to. The worst that can happen is they say no. Okay, cool. So now we're still in the same spot we were in before.

1 hour ago, amcoolio said:

I will never understand you guys not wanting to add weapons in this age of the NFL where offense and teams with multiple weapons that are hard to stop win out over others. Pass on Chase if he's the one left at 8? Are you mad?

It's short sigthed at best. Plus Chase gives you a premier player at a valuable position on a rookie contract so you can let Robby go in Free Agency if he balls out and pay DJ Moore.  

• Pie 1

Just now, ImaginaryKev said:

It's short sigthed at best. Plus Chase gives you a premier player at a valuable position on a rookie contract so you can let Robby go in Free Agency if he balls out and pay DJ Moore.  

There is a great chance one of Robby or DJ are not on the team after next year. We need weapons as much as we need a tackle or cornerback.