• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting quote on Sam Darnold from the Athletic article grading all QB’s in this draft class

WarPanthers89

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Care to post links to the "3 to 4 hours a day" of film you've been watching this past week? 😆

Seriously dude, if you're gonna lie to try and look smart, at least try and post something that isn't obviously absolute bullsh-t.

Wait, are you telling me he didnt watch Darnold for 20 hours this past week?  LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Hmmm Robbie Anderson vs Mike Evens,Deshaun Watson,Chris Godwin, Adam Humphries, and O.J. Howard. Yeah what was I thinking...

Ironically, Humphries hasn't done much of anything away from Jameis. Howard was putting up similar numbers with Brady before getting hurt. Godwin had an elite year with Jameis in '19. He was having a decent year with Brady but his numbers were down pretty big. Meanwhile, Robby Anderson just had his career high yardage with Teddy Bridgewater.

Jameis Winston is basically a big time QB but with a big time turnover problem to match. Darnold hasn't shown he can put up numbers like Jameis and his TD:INT ratio is even worse.

• Beer 1

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ironically, Humphries hasn't done much of anything away from Jameis. Howard was putting up similar numbers with Brady before getting hurt. Godwin had an elite year with Jameis in '19. He was having a decent year with Brady but his numbers were down pretty big. Meanwhile, Robby Anderson just had his career high yardage with Teddy Bridgewater.

Jameis Winston is basically a big time QB but with a big time turnover problem to match. Darnold hasn't shown he can put up numbers like Jameis and his TD:INT ratio is even worse.

Yeah a big time QB who couldn't be Teddy Bridgewater in NO. Your argument is a complete joke. You are really trying to sell that the reason Mike Evens and Charles Godwin were great WRs are because of Winston. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah a big time QB who couldn't be Teddy Bridgewater in NO. Your argument is a complete joke. You are really trying to sell that the reason Mike Evens and Charles Godwin were great WRs are because of Winston. 

Evans? No. The guy is a legit top 5 NFL WR talent. Godwin? Well, the guy had one elite year. That was with Jameis Winston.

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Evans? No. The guy is a legit top 5 NFL WR talent. Godwin? Well, the guy had one elite year. That was with Jameis Winston.

In his defense I think Godwin was banged up last year plus Gronk, AB, and Fournette took away from his touches.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Care to post links to the "3 to 4 hours a day" of film you've been watching this past week? 😆

Seriously dude, if you're gonna lie to try and look smart, at least try and post something that isn't obviously absolute bullsh-t.

You could literally watch it on NFL Game Pass. The All-22 too.

I just doubt he's watched 20 hours of footage last week. I also doubt he knows what to look for.

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

You could literally watch it on NFL Game Pass. The All-22 too.

I just doubt he's watched 20 hours of footage last week. I also doubt he knows what to look for.

ok here while I have a minute to spare this morning & having breakfast...

let's list & talk to some extent about not all of them but a majority of traits that i look for while watching 3 to 4 hours of film footage on Sam Darnold

A)...his follow through

B)...of course you know his size is taken into consideration

C)...throwing motion

D)...his footwork/ is he throwing while his feet are parallel?

E)...pocket presence/ can he allude pressure with his feet?

F)...accuracy

***G)...vision or let's say how see's the field & open recievers/& this is where take note Darnold struggles as he has STARES down his target allowing the defense to gain a step & anticipate his throws***

H)...under pressure / poise 

I)..& of course leadership is probably the hardest things to eveluate by just watching film but you stll you do your best as this is really really important

22 minutes ago, bandu said:

ok here while I have a minute to spare this morning & having breakfast...

let's list & talk to some extent about not all of them but a majority of traits that i look for while watching 3 to 4 hours of film footage on Sam Darnold

A)...his follow through

B)...of course you know his size is taken into consideration

C)...throwing motion

D)...his footwork/ is he throwing while his feet are parallel?

E)...pocket presence/ can he allude pressure with his feet?

F)...accuracy

***G)...vision or let's say how see's the field & open recievers/& this is where take note Darnold struggles as he has STARES down his target allowing the defense to gain a step & anticipate his throws***

H)...under pressure / poise 

I)..& of course leadership is probably the hardest things to eveluate by just watching film but you stll you do your best as this is really really important

lol 3-4 hours a day

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Lol what about the other non "elite" years. Not to mention he was hurt last year and splitting time with even more talent. How about a little bet. I say Darnald has a better season this year than Winston. Who ever loses has to post a congratulations post and give pie to every post we make in this fourm for a year. Deal? 

5 minutes ago, Snake said:

Lol what about the other non "elite" years. Not to mention he was hurt last year and splitting time with even more talent. How about a little bet. I say Darnald has a better season this year than Winston. Who ever loses has to post a congratulations post and give pie to every post we make in this fourm for a year. Deal? 

525, 842, 1333, 840. He played in 12 games last year averaging 70ypg. He averaged 95ypg during his 1333 yard season.

One is elite. The others aren't. It's not hard.

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

525, 842, 1333, 840. He played in 12 games last year averaging 70ypg. He averaged 95ypg during his 1333 yard season.

One is elite. The others aren't. It's not hard.

Yeah I figured you didn't want any real repercussions. One had immense talent around him and now can't beat out a RB at QB. The other has had zero talent and now actually gets a OC and talent. I don't blame you I would take that bet either.

20 minutes ago, Snake said:

Yeah I figured you didn't want any real repercussions. One had immense talent around him and now can't beat out a RB at QB. The other has had zero talent and now actually gets a OC and talent. I don't blame you I would take that bet either.

A bet that requires you to follow me around like a puppy dog liking all my posts just seems lame.

Nah, I'm just never gonna bet against my team. Even though I very seriously doubt Darnold works out, I hope the guy is the SB MVP next year. That'd be sweet. And since Winston plays for the Saints, I hope he throws all the INTs and no TDs.