• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King has us taking Justin Fields

GoobyPls

50 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If we were in love with Fields and thought he was a franchise qb we would have made the trade with Miami

3 first round picks vs losing a 3rd (value of Darnold trade) is a huge gap. We could think a promising rookie is somewhere in between. I wouldn’t want to do 3 first round picks for Lawrence honestly. If they bust or struggle your franchise is set back so much. The Darnold draft capital can be recouped by trading back pretty easily (which is what we are looking at doing as well). I’m not saying they are drafting Fields, but it’s completely reasonable if they do.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

3 first round picks vs losing a 3rd (value of Darnold trade) is a huge gap. We could think a promising rookie is somewhere in between. I wouldn’t want to do 3 first round picks for Lawrence honestly. If they bust or struggle your franchise is set back so much. The Darnold draft capital can be recouped by trading back pretty easily (which is what we are looking at doing as well). I’m not saying they are drafting Fields, but it’s completely reasonable if they do.

It might not have been that much and I agree with the 3 firsts.  Just saying if Tepper had a hard on for a franchise qb and they thought Fields was it then they could have had him.  

54 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

If they don't think Darnold is good enough to be the guy, then they traded one glaring hole(Teddy) for another(Sam). And that is stupid for a team saying they want more picks in the draft, not less since they traded picks for Darnold.

It's not THE GUY or bust.

It's a calculated low risk - high reward gamble.

I think he can be the guy, but I'm not privy to all the information our Front Office is.

The Bridgewater situation is toxic so they couldn't find go into the 2021 season with him as the only viable starting option at QB.

• Pie 1

Just now, OldhamA said:

I think he can be the guy, but I'm not privy to all the information our Front Office is.

The Bridgewater situation is toxic so they couldn't find go into the 2021 season with him as the only viable starting option at QB.

I'm not sure how you can pay someone $40 million and have a toxic situation.  This is a business and I think both parties understand that.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I'm not sure how you can pay someone $40 million and have a toxic situation.  This is a business and I think both parties understand that.

Look at Watson even before the scandal. He wanted out of Houston no matter what and told them he’d never play another game for them and he had just signed a massive contract the season prior. Look at Antonio Brown just about everywhere he had been. Everyone knows the NFL is a business but lots of times it still leads to a toxic relationship between the two parties anyway. 

• Pie 4

23 minutes ago, OldhamA said:
29 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What happens to Darnold in that scenario?

You keep him and let him compete for the starting job.

I'd still trade Bridgewater.

Ok, sounds good  

So if they don't pick Fields makes sense we set up the same scenario and have TB5 provide competition for Sam. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Look at Watson even before the scandal. He wanted out of Houston no matter what and told them he’d never play another game for them and he had just signed a massive contract the season prior. Look at Antonio Brown just about everywhere he had been. Everyone knows the NFL is a business but lots of times it still leads to a toxic relationship between the two parties anyway. 

I mean Smith held a grudge for years. Williams still hates us.

It's a business until it's not.

We've shat on Bridgewater publicly all off-season.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Exactly.  

Unlike some of the unstable malcontents mentioned above TB5 is level-headed professional, a team-first guy. 

As long as the checks are clearing he'll be present and giving 120%...

...given the injury and hurdles Teddy had to clear to return -- he's just happy to be in the league.  

This "toxic" nonsense is a false narrative fabricated by a clique with an agenda. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz

28 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly.  

Unlike some of the unstable malcontents mentioned above TB5 is level-headed professional, a team-first guy. 

...given the injury and hurdles Teddy had to clear to return -- he's just happy to be in the league.  

This "toxic" nonsense is a false narrative fabricated by a clique with an agenda. 

I’d say it’s more Tepper wanting us to move on from him than it is Teddy. I think Teddy will play for us or not he is a professional team player kind of guy. It appears Tepper wants him off the team after watching those 4th quarter issues this past year.

44 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Exactly.  

I don't have an agenda against Bridgewater. I thought it was a good signing at the time and I thought his play throughout the season was fine - albeit it dropped off significantly once he returned from injury.

That said it's clear the coaching staff have mentally moved on from him. Something has gone on behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Yeah, Darnold is a gamble. So is any draft pick, especially QBs.

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

We've shat on Bridgewater publicly all off-season.

Yeah, they have handled Bridgewater very poorly. If it is toxic, the Panthers brain trust made it that way when they should have known better. They didn't do a good job of handling the Cam situation either. Not handling QBs well is starting to become a trend by these guys.

32 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I’d say it’s more Tepper wanting us to move on from him than it is Teddy. I think Teddy will play for us or not he is a professional team player kind of guy. It appears Tepper wants him off the team after watching those 4th quarter issues this past year.

Tepper should keep his nose out of football decisions. Tepper is the one that said this rebuild would be a multi year process. He should have the patience to let things play out.