• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peter King has us taking Justin Fields

GoobyPls

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

I don't have an agenda against Bridgewater. I thought it was a good signing at the time and I thought his play throughout the season was fine - albeit it dropped off significantly once he returned from injury.

That said it's clear the coaching staff have mentally moved on from him. Something has gone on behind the scenes.

No worries, I didn't think you did.  

Where the coaches stand is open for debate but the fact is TB5 is under contract and until he's traded or cut remains part of the team.  

He's proven to be an exceptional backup...may as well keep him in that role  

8 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Where the coaches stand is open for debate but the fact is TB5 is under contract and until he's traded or cut remains part of the team.  

HE WILL BE GONE ON THURSDAY!

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Bojangles might be the most hideous/disgusting food on the planet.  In the mid 90's it was good but man it has cratered on itself and is just a greasy poo pile no matter what you get from the menu. 

Stop it! I’m telling Jake Delhomme!

20 hours ago, SCO96 said:

Gotta disagree with you on placing higher value on a WR than a CB. It's a lot easier to find quality WR's than CB's. PFF has 10 receivers in the 2021 draft ranked in the top 71 players. https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-wide-receiver-rankings

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-cornerback-rankings. They have 10 cornerbacks in the top 72. But, after the 2nd round there is a steeper dropoff in talent than with the WR's.

I don't think either of our starting wideouts would rank among the top 10 in the NFL. But, both played well and racked up over a 1,000 yards on receptions despite playing with a mediocre/average QB. DJ and Robbie would be solid starters on over half the teams in the league. Last season with the possible exception of Donte Jackson (the only CB on our team with an INT) none of our corners could start for the upper echelon teams in the NFL. I think a couple couldn't even make their rosters as backups.

I'm not saying we should draft a CB at 8, but if we did I can at least understand the reasoning. I'd prefer a LT, or a trade down. I wouldn't even consider taking Justin Fields at #8 after trading for Darnold so I hope Mr. King is wrong on this one.

One way to show where the value is by how the league pays positions. The league pays more to WR. It maybe easier to find WR, but that is partly due to team base being 3 WRs and teams mainly carry 6-7. Safety and some LB can play nickle, so CBs are not in the same demand. Panthers carry 4 CB for periods of time. So theres more WRs than CBs. Also league rules favor WR, honestly there is no Revis island or Asomugha level CB in the nfl. All get help at times and with the rules, its near impossible to lock down WRs(unless weather). Plus there are no "zone" WR, where lesser talented CB can cover WR. Few reasons why I got WR>>CB. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, Basbear said:

One way to show where the value is by how the league pays positions. The league pays more to WR. It maybe easier to find WR, but that is partly due to team base being 3 WRs and teams mainly carry 6-7. Safety and some LB can play nickle, so CBs are not in the same demand. Panthers carry 4 CB for periods of time. So theres more WRs than CBs. Also league rules favor WR, honestly there is no Revis island or Asomugha level CB in the nfl. All get help at times and with the rules, its near impossible to lock down WRs(unless weather). Plus there are no "zone" WR, where lesser talented CB can cover WR. Few reasons why I got WR>>CB. 

I think cornerback is a more demanding position in terms of physical ability. As you pointed out it's easier to dominate in the NFL as a WR than a CB. That's why I made my statement. But, I have to admit that you posted a good argument and it actually made me see things a little differently.

5 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You want to pay a guy $17M in new money in the form of base salary this year to be a backup? Good grief.

2 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I think cornerback is a more demanding position in terms of physical ability. As you pointed out it's easier to dominate in the NFL as a WR than a CB. That's why I made my statement. But, I have to admit that you posted a good argument and it actually made me see things a little differently.

For me probably different than most (again), CB is the hardest college to pro transition in NFL. You got a superfreak WR, whos 26 year old 220 lb AND runs a 4.3 . You have to run backwards to defend them??? Confidence would get crushed day 1.

Add another, if you look at draft history CB is one of the positions with higher success in 5th, 6th, 7th rounds and even UDFAs. Panthers have plenty of examples and Chris harris, Malcolm Butler others etc.  So I would avoid placing early draft capital on CB, and focus free agent cap space on CB too. Not fully ignore, just have a different strategies come draft time.   

Now if you tell me theres a prime Revis clone, Id take that over any current WR. Lastly zone D about kills the CB>>WR alone, not many teams constantly run man-to-man.... reason being scoreboards get a workout.