• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which prospect have you grown to like? (not just who you would like to be a Panther)

Ocpanthertew714

14 minutes ago, t96 said:

Yeah I'll trust the front office no matter what happens tonight and let it play out but I can't lie I'd be extremely disappointed if we pass up on Fields. If it's Lance sitting there, while I'd still like to take him, I'd be fine with passing him up, but Fields is the best QB prospect we're gonna have a chance at for a long time if you ask me. He's the clear #2 player in this draft behind TL in my eyes and we could actually have a chance at him falling to us and pass it up. If it's Sewell that'll make it easier to stomach but anyone else and it'll be a rough night for me...

I’m with you. Been on the Fields train for years. He’s been the 1B to Lawrence’s 1A for some time now. I’d hate to believe we overthink things and talk ourselves out of pairing Fields with Moore, Anderson, CMC, Moore and Joe Brady if he is on the board at 8. 

His game against Clemson is probably the best performance of any of these kids in the last few years in a single big stage game. He straight up took over after getting injured. He has the pedigree. He has the stats. He has the right attitude. From a character standpoint you aren’t going to find a better kid in the draft. 

And he accurately airs the ball out during real games. It’s everything we are looking for in a a QB. Giving Darnold competition, even giving Fields competition by having Darnold to compete against will only help us make the right decision at QB. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Varking said:

I’m with you. Been on the Fields train for years. He’s been the 1B to Lawrence’s 1A for some time now. I’d hate to believe we overthink things and talk ourselves out of pairing Fields with Moore, Anderson, CMC, Moore and Joe Brady if he is on the board at 8. 

His game against Clemson is probably the best performance of any of these kids in the last few years in a single big stage game. He straight up took over after getting injured. He has the pedigree. He has the stats. He has the right attitude. From a character standpoint you aren’t going to find a better kid in the draft. 

And he accurately airs the ball out during real games. It’s everything we are looking for in a a QB. Giving Darnold competition, even giving Fields competition by having Darnold to compete against will only help us make the right decision at QB. 

I want him to be a Panther.  I just wholeheartedly believe that Fitt/Rhule are too enamored with the idea of another desperate team over paying for the 8th spot (assuming we find a suitor).  Unfortunately, draft Capital only works if you hit on those picks.  This morning I reminded of the Julio Jones trade, and how Cleveland squandered every single one of those picks.  But how could we go wrong with possibly two starter quality QB's on rookie contacts?  We shall see.