• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which prospect have you grown to like? (not just who you would like to be a Panther)

Ocpanthertew714

I would like you all to share your thoughts on any prospect that you have come to know and like/appreciate.  Maybe it's there journey? Maybe it's because they're an absolute beast, and you look forward to their play at the next level.  I for one, really enjoy hearing about Kwity Paye's journey.  I love how this young man carries himself.  No matter where he goes, I can't help but root for him.  These stories really add the humanity aspect to each player, as opposed to just seeing each prospect as a commodity.  Please share your thoughts/stories!

• Pie 1

Tommy Tremble, TE out of Notre Dame.  He's a very unselfish player, best blocking TE in the draft who has lined up at FB at times.  He has very nice hands and is definitely a pretty good athlete as well.  He did not produce much for Notre Dame in his 2 years there and that's mostly because of being behind guys like Cole Kmet who has 43rd overall last year and this year being behind the STUD freshman TE, Michael Mayer.

The potential is definitely there for Tommy, the blocking is already set in place, he has the measurables, athletic, and nice hands...he just now needs to produce.  Him being an unselfish player, he will be patient enough and put in the work that he needs to put in, in order to develop and reach his potential.  I would definitely love it if we selected him in the third round, I don't think there's any way he lasts until day 3 of the draft. 

It would not surprise me one bit if he becomes a George Kittle type of player by his 2nd year.

• Pie 2

Trey Lance. Seems very down to earth and has a good sense of humor. That with his natural athletic ability, I'll be interested to see him develop.

Similar take on Penei Sewell, though I haven't heard him as much. He said he apologized to Justin Herbert after giving up a sack and told him it wouldn't happen again and it didn't. Dang!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Fields. He sold me in the Clemson game. I always loved Wilson.

Shi Smith sold me at the Senior Bowl.

Marvin Wilson sold me when he helped the FSU defense stone wall a dominant UNC rushing attack.

Eric Stokes and Greg Newsome sold me with workouts. Always like the players but wasn't quite sure on the speed measurables. Yeah, those questions definitely got answered 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Marvin Wilson sold me when he helped the FSU defense stone wall a dominant UNC rushing attack.

Eric Stokes and Greg Newsome sold me with workouts. Always like the players but wasn't quite sure on the speed measurables. Yeah, those questions definitely got answered 

Agree.  Fields playing through that injury was pure Grit.  I would love him to be a Panther.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're gonna need a lot of alcohol tonight for when Fields is sitting there at 8 and we don't take him.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'll hope for the best regardless, but if he goes on to have success elsewhere while Darnold continues being a bum it's gonna really sting.

Yeah I'll trust the front office no matter what happens tonight and let it play out but I can't lie I'd be extremely disappointed if we pass up on Fields. If it's Lance sitting there, while I'd still like to take him, I'd be fine with passing him up, but Fields is the best QB prospect we're gonna have a chance at for a long time if you ask me. He's the clear #2 player in this draft behind TL in my eyes and we could actually have a chance at him falling to us and pass it up. If it's Sewell that'll make it easier to stomach but anyone else and it'll be a rough night for me...

• Pie 1

Just now, t96 said:

Yeah I'll trust the front office no matter what happens tonight and let it play out but I can't lie I'd be extremely disappointed if we pass up on Fields. If it's Lance sitting there, while I'd still like to take him, I'd be fine with passing him up, but Fields is the best QB prospect we're gonna have a chance at for a long time if you ask me. He's the clear #2 player in this draft behind TL in my eyes and we could actually have a chance at him falling to us and pass it up. If it's Sewell that'll make it easier to stomach but anyone else and it'll be a rough night for me...

Not gonna lie, I like Wilson better but I'm right there with you on everything else you said. We're highly unlikely to suck bad enough next year to get a Howell or Rattler. I don't see how anyone is gonna out suck the dumpster fire in Houston. They might field the worst NFL team ever this coming season if Watson isn't there or isn't playing.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not gonna lie, I like Wilson better but I'm right there with you on everything else you said. We're highly unlikely to suck bad enough next year to get a Howell or Rattler. I don't see how anyone is gonna out suck the dumpster fire in Houston. They might field the worst NFL team ever this coming season if Watson isn't there or isn't playing.

I see us getting howell if Sam gets hurt and one of our stud interception throwers steps in.