• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Take QB out of the equation

AU-panther

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I’m not sold on darnold at all, he was one of the worst rated qbs, they are doing the same thing with darnold as they did Teddy, if what they saw from fields wasn’t enough to warrant the pick, I’m cool with that as long as that shows on the field, when he plays, cause if he’s great and darnold flops, I will lose what little trust in the front office 

That's fair..

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

No he wasn't lol. Darnold would be a top 3 pick in this draft nd they have gone over this already many times lol.

He was bottom 5 in the nfl last year that’s fact. Idc if he would have been top 3 this year , the production on the field in time he’s play in the nfl is atrocious 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

No he wasn't lol. Darnold would be a top 3 pick in this draft nd they have gone over this already many times lol.

But he wasn't. You don't know what Fields or Lance or Jones or Wilson will look at the pro level. You've got three years of pro tape on Darnold. It was , to be generous, not great. And you're going to have to pay Darnold much more next year than you would any rookie out of this class.

Edited by trueblade
  • Flames 2

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

He was bottom 5 in the nfl last year that’s fact. Idc if he would have been top 3 this year , the production on the field in time he’s play in the nfl is atrocious 

Put Fields on that Jets team and not surrounded with superior talent at OSU and see what happens... Won't be pretty..

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It's also a fact that Gase and the Jets are trash and have nowhere near our offense. When Tannehill got away from Gase he "magically" looks like a real QB. That's what teams were looking at and have been talking about.

Just now, WOW!! said:

Put Fields on that Jets team and not surrounded with superior talent at OSU and see what happens... Won't be pretty..

I agree but we are hedging our bets on the jets being that bad of an organization as the reason for darnolds lackluster start to his career. Which again I’m fine with, as long as there’s an backup plan in place, cause we all know this was plan c getting darnold based off the reports from the Stafford trade and Deshaun saga 

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

But he wasn't. You don't know what Fields or Lance or Jones or Wilson will look at the pro level. You've got three years of pro tape on Darnold. It was , to be generous, not great. And your going to have to pay Darnold much more next year than you would act rookie out of this class.

I know fields played in a preschool offense with no experience in a pro style reading defenses and making play calls.. So Atleast Darnold has done that..

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I agree but we are hedging our bets on the jets being that bad of an organization as the reason for darnolds lackluster start to his career. Which again I’m fine with, as long as there’s an backup plan in place, cause we all know this was plan c getting darnold based off the reports from the Stafford trade and Deshaun saga 

No you're hedging your bet that this coaching can develop a player with better god giving talent then the 4th or 5th QB in this draft.. Plain and simple 

Your backup plan is you still got assets to get a QB next year or be in better shape to get a vet like Watson or even Rodgers next year..

Edited by WOW!!

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

But hell yea if DW turns out to not be a super creep then you trade for him still regardless of if Darnold turns out to not blow ass. DW is far superior to anythign Darnold is going to be don't think anyone would argue that.

9 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Guess we can dispense with the dumbass narrative that Darnold was just a fallback in case we couldn't get someone better, huh?

• Pie 3