• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Panther UDFA thread

rayzor

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yep.

Based on what I've been told by several huddlers before, this is a clear sign that the staff doesn't really believe in Sam Darnold and they only picked him up just in case they couldn't get someone better 😐

Clearly this is competition for Darnold and not about Walker/Grier/Stevens, they are all safe.  I mean, who would want that stable of QBs waiting in the wings???

20 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Clearly this is competition for Darnold and not about Walker/Grier/Stevens, they are all safe.  I mean, who would want that stable of QBs waiting in the wings???

How about Jamie Newman? Didn't you say there was no way he went later than the 5th round?

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

How about Jamie Newman? Didn't you say there was no way he went later than the 5th round?

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic.

For the record though, Newman is an Eagle.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1

Just now, Smittymoose said:

He is. I was making fun of him for swearing last week that Newman couldn't fall past the 5th round.

Ah.

Wasn't part of that convo, but I wasn't a big believer in Newman either. He had an awful Senior Bowl then skipped out on Georgia's pro day.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I think this guy is meant as a backup to darnold.

the sandlot style of play is very similar, though darnold has a bigger arm.

2 hours ago, Smittymoose said:

Nope, I don't want him either.  This QB class was very top heavy as you can see by the number of QBs drafted after the 2nd round. 

Oh yeah, I didn't bat .1000 in the draft, awe shucks. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I think this guy is meant as a backup to darnold.

the sandlot style of play is very similar, though darnold has a bigger arm.

I realize now my sarcasm wasn't obvious enough.  I'll have to work on that....must be losing my touch. 🙂 Clearly this is about finding a #2 or #3 QB as Walker/Grier/Stevens is about as weak of a reserve QB corps as there is in the League.