• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

That ATL Offense: Don’t panic

WarHeel

This the era of offense and elite QBs. Refs know not to let the game get boring and stale by allowing a bunch of holding by DBs. The NFL wants the ball in the air with lots of TDs, and they've tailored the rules to fit that vision.

My blueprint for this team would be to build the most high powered offense possible, with a decent defense with budget players here and there. Rhule wants balance on both sides of the ball. That balance naturally comes at the price of not having an elite offense obviously. So we'll see how the balanced approach works.

When you don't have that elite offense, you end up with coaches demanding near perfection on the field. No mistakes. No turnovers. You screwed up on that play and now we're going to lose! There is no telling how many times Teddy was told "DO NOT TURN THE BALL OVER!" and the like. How many times have you, as a Panthers fan, sat and worried that if we get down by 10 points then it's over? I'm so tired of that. I'm ready for an explosive offense.

Edited by pantherj

9 minutes ago, pantherj said:

This the era of offense and elite QBs. Refs know not to let the game get boring and stale by allowing a bunch of holding by DBs. The NFL wants the ball in the air with lots of TDs, and they've tailored the rules to fit that vision.

My blueprint for this team would be to build the most high powered offense possible, with a decent defense with budget players here and there. Rhule wants balance on both sides of the ball. That balance naturally comes at the price of not having an elite offense obviously. So we'll see how the balanced approach works.

the best offense in the league last year score 9 points in the super bowl

Just now, Mother Grabber said:

the best offense in the league last year score 9 points in the super bowl

And they won it the year before. And Mahomes was playing hurt, and his receivers were dropping passes they normally catch. And TB loaded up their offense with two #1 WRs and a great o-line. Wouldn't you like to be 1-2 in the last two SB?

We're making a balanced team. I'm all in. If you're in this forum in May, and year round, you're all in. I want this team to win the SB. I just can't reasonably see that happening this season. I also would prefer we build an offensive juggernaut first, but we went all defense last draft, and our 1st pick was defense in this draft. Just a difference of what I want versus what we're doing.

Edited by pantherj

22 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Don’t like they have Pitts. That dude is no joke going to give us issues. Even with Horn, don’t think anyone will stop him and Jones.

Confused National Football League GIF by Carolina Panthers

Edited by GOAT

They should be worried about our offense lol.

Darnold very possibly is better than Meg Ryan
Our WRs are only slightly below theirs and thats only because Jones is a HoFer but our WRs are dangerous too especially with a real QB and CMC is our potential HoFer on offense who they can't match up with either. 

Then our defense is better than theirs.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, pantherj said:

Tony Gonzalez gave us fits even toward the end of his career. Jimmy Graham ate us alive. Now they Pitts in his prime, and we have nothing at Safety except 5th round pick CB Keith Taylor who might have to bulk up and go over there. It doesn't take a football expert to see what's coming.

Chinn is our SS who is more prone to cover TEs. 

4 hours ago, theDIRTYcode2 said:

No, hes not. Not in any world is he better than Matt. 

Your defense should be legit, and I'm looking forward to some great games with you guys. The most important thing is fug the Saints.

Fug everybody in the south not donning black and blue.

• Beer 1