• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What in the everloving fruit of the loom croissant butter is this?

Zod

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They were always going to pick up the option. That's pretty widely acknowledged now.

I know some folks can't wrap their head around the Panthers commiting to Darnold (generally for no deeper logic than that they wouldn't have done it) but they did. It's pretty obvious to anyone who's paying attention.

It still makes no sense to pick it until up. Come January this board will be having the same discussion as this year. Why did we guarantee so much money to a QB who has never even been average before. Another 20M wasted and still searching for a QB. What are they saving by exercising it. And where’s this plan to eat some this year. Which accomplished nothing and was never an option. I’ll put my track record against the Panthers staff.so far. Anytime. Or the old one. Another off season of striving for average. at best. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Toomers said:

It still makes no sense to pick it until up. Come January this board will be having the same discussion as this year. Why did we guarantee so much money to a QB who has never even been average before. Another 20M wasted and still searching for a QB. What are they saving by exercising it. And where’s this plan to eat some this year. Which accomplished nothing and was never an option. I’ll put my track record against the Panthers staff.so far. Anytime. Or the old one. Another off season of striving for average. at best. 

Thank you for providing an example of the kind of person I described.

• Poo 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Multiple sources have confirmed we weren't interested in Lance. They felt like he didn't fit Joe Brady's offense.

Their not attending his second pro day probably should have been a clue.

Some sources also said we liked Jones.

Some sources also said we called about trading up to 3, which makes you think there could have been 3 QBs we liked.  Could have been Lance.

Here again the team likes Darnold more than any option they thought was going to be available, pretty simple concept.

Doesn't mean they didn't have other options they would have preferred, not sure why you continue to try and argue that.

2 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Some sources also said we liked Jones.

Some sources also said we called about trading up to 3, which makes you think there could have been 3 QBs we liked.  Could have been Lance.

Here again the team likes Darnold more than any option they thought was going to be available, pretty simple concept.

Doesn't mean they didn't have other options they would have preferred, not sure why you continue to try and argue that.

Call me crazy, but when a team chooses to execute a particular option, I tend to think that's the one they preferred.

Treating Darnold like a rookie isn't exactly the same as saying he is basically one. Rookies get 3-4 years to prove themselves.  Darnold has already had that.  He will now get 1 to 2 more.

Darnold has 1 to show he isn't as bad as he looked in NY, and 1 more to prove he can lead a franchise. He's a bust we are trying to rehabilitate.  There are some signs we can.  We will see.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Thank you for providing an example of the kind of person I described.

And proud of it. I don’t have the homeristic view you possess. Want to go take for take on past moves? What makes your take so correct that no one should question it? You like Darnold. I think he’s a mistake to commit anything to. Care to tell me anything I’ve been wrong about the last couple years. I don’t have to post random internet writers to make a point. 

Tell me all the reasons it was a good idea to commit 20M more to a QB who has sucked. I have given plenty of reasons why not? 

• Beer 3

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

The talent evaluation skills of Rhule and Fitty really came into focus with this draft.  They know what they are doing.  I must have been wrong on Fields or questioning Darnold too much.

I mean both QBs could turnout good and both could turn out bad...some people were only seeing one scenario at all and that's Fields good Darnold bad...

Just now, Toomers said:

And proud of it. I don’t have the homeristic view you possess. Want to go take for take on past moves? What makes your take so correct that no one should question it? You like Darnold. I think he’s a mistake to commit anything to. Care to tell me anything I’ve been wrong about the last couple years. I don’t have to post random internet writers to make a point. 

Tell me all the reasons it was a good idea to commit 20M more to a QB who has sucked. I have given plenty of reasons why not? 

I don't "like" Darnold. I have no idea whether he's going to be good or not.

I do know the team believes he can.

And I get that the concept a group of professional NFL personnel people could be right and you might be wrong is a difficult one to understand, but hey...

• Pie 1

Yes, Darnold has been inconsistent as a QB, we know this.

Sam is mobile and can make all the throws.  He isn't timid or physically limited like Teddy. However, Sam made too many bad decisions on the field as a Jet.  

The question is:  Will the Panthers coaching staff be able to help Sam correct his issues and realize his potential? 

I don't see how anyone here or on the Panthers staff can know the answer to that question this early in the process.

Clearly the Carolina coaching staff believes they can.  Maybe we should give them that opportunity before passing judgement on Darnold.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't "like" Darnold. I have no idea whether he's going to be good or not.

I do know the team believes he can.

And I get that the concept a group of professional NFL personnel people could be right and you might be wrong is a difficult one to understand, but hey...

So I, nor anyone, should question them. With multiple valid reasons? You acted like saying they shouldn’t have done it a some ridiculous notion. Yet you can’t/won’t give a reason. Not one benefit. You can talk around it all you want but you called people like me out. I simply responded. 

Fields will make about 20M total in the next four years. Darnold(like a rookie) will make that next year alone. And he might not be the starter. He’s like a rookie in that his game hasn’t gotten better since he got to the NFL. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

So I, nor anyone, should question them. With multiple valid reasons? You acted like saying they shouldn’t have done it a some ridiculous notion. Yet you can’t/won’t give a reason. Not one benefit. You can talk around it all you want but you called people like me out. I simply responded. 

Fields will make about 20M total in the next four years. Darnold(like a rookie) will make that next year alone. And he might not be the starter. He’s like a rookie in that his game hasn’t gotten better since he got to the NFL. 

You can criticize however you want, but likewise those of us who think your opinion is stupid and uninformed can say so.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You can criticize however you want, but likewise those of us who think your opinion is stupid and uninformed can say so.

You can always say so. You just can’t provide any logical reason for why it’s stupid and uninformed? I’m the one begging you to post anything that is a benefit of this. I’ve given reasons many times. If I’m so stupid and uninformed this should be easy. Yet you still can’t. Typical. Same as always. “Because someone said so” is your basis for every point. Nots facts. Not common sense. And certainly not actual football knowledge. If you had any you wouldn’t have to cling to every word you read on the internet. 

Edited by Toomers
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You can always say so. You just can’t provide any logical reading for why it’s stupid and uninformed? I’m the one begging you to post anything that is a benefit of this. I’ve given reasons many times. If I’m so stupid and uninformed this should be easy. Yet you still can’t. Typical. Same as always. “Because someone said so” is your basis for every point. Nots facts. Not common sense. And certainly not actual football knowledge. If you had any you wouldn’t have to cling to every word you read on the internet. 

Your opinions don't count as facts.

And statements like "I'll put my track record up against the Panthers staff" lets me know you're not really worth talking to.

Blowhards who basically think "I'm right because I'm brilliant and I always am" are boring.

• Pie 1