• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Possible staff changes

Mr. Scot

Post draft is often a time for changes to the personnel staff. Having a new GM increases that possibility.

Albert Breer calls the Panthers a team to watch on that front, mentioning a familiar name that we've discussed here before.

This time of year, there are changes in scouting departments, so I think you’ll see some shuffling. The Panthers are one team to watch. They could bring in a new assistant GM or VP of player personnel, and Bills director of player personnel Dan Morgan, given that he’s a former Panther linebacker and ex-coworker of Fitterer’s, would be one name to watch, as would Kansas City’s Ryan Poles and Philadelphia’s Ian Cunningham.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 7

Just now, Ricky Spanish said:

I'm down. 

I'd guess most of us are 😃

From what I've read, Morgan and Fitterer are pretty good friends, so bringing in Morgan as Assistant GM sounds like a real possibility.

Conceivable you might also see us part ways with the last vestiges of the Jerry Richardson era.

• Pie 7

Might be losing a guy too...

The Raiders would be another team I’d have an eye on in that regard. And teams with new GMs will probably keep tweaking—I’ve heard Holmes could bring Panthers scout Mike Martin to Detroit in some sort of elevated role.

Martin's a college scout who's been with the Panthers since 2018. He was the Assistant Director of College Scouting for the Texans prior to that (parted ways with the Texans the same offseason that Jack Easterby came on board).

8 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

Was trying to remember who was our old salary cap guy?

Rob Rodgers

I'll give you three guesses what team he works for now.

2 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

You about gave me a heart attack, Mr. Scot.  The mention of a name that was familiar brought to mind a certain person who seemed to have nine lives in the Panther organization.

No, not him 😃

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Squirrel said:

wft, bills, giants

but was thinking of someone that last name started with a S

Washington, and the guy whose name starts with S works for us now (Samir Suleiman).

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

WTFs??  Do I win a prize?

An autographed picture of Marty Hurney.