• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly has resigned from the Panthers scouting staff

18 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Wait, he didn’t resign, he RE-SIGNED!

that or the espn reporter covering our team isn’t qualified to report on intramural softball

Anyway, I wish Luke the best. One of the greatest of all time.

Raise your hand, everyone, if you think David newton can tell the difference between resigned and re-signed.

Of course probably only half the crowd probably knows this and the other half didn't and thinks I'm a grammar nazi for noticing and pointing it out.

• Pie 1
3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

He reportedly resigned back before free agency even started.

I don't really think there's any intrigue to it, honestly. He probably just needs a break.

He's retired and has millions to live off of. Why not take a break for a while?

• Beer 1
24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Eventually, but it could be argued we weren't ok with him here.

We knew he wouldn't stay forever. We'll start winning again soon.

Sure hope so.

He certainly was something special, though. Like Julius Peppers and Steve Smith, there won't be another one like him; they are just legendary players, not just legendary Panthers.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
9 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Sure hope so.

He certainly was something special, though. Like Julius Peppers and Steve Smith, there won't be another one like him; they are just legendary players, not just legendary Panthers.

There will be others to come. More legends in the making. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, Mr. Scot said:
David Newton is reporting that this actually happened before free agency started.

It has been confirmed that it's not health related.

Yes. 

Edited by SizzleBuzz
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2021 at 6:43 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

Probably headed to Washington or Buffalo like everyone else.

I believe he will end up in Buffalo, unless he's being courted for a network job somewhere....

Edited by Anybodyhome

Imagine it's tough being that close knowing you could still be out there and doing it at a high level. He'll be missed but I think it's better for the man to not revolve his life around football for awhile and cherish the other aspects. I'm sure he'll be back in some capacity in his middle age.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:38 PM, Snake said:

Probably so. Thats twice he left us hanging.

Quite the opposite actually. Both times he had a plan and did it with consideration for the team. First time he retired while the team was going through changes anyway with a new coach. The second time he left while the FO was going through changes with a new GM and scouting crew. That's not leaving anyone hanging. I wish Luke the best of luck in whatever he decides to do and thank him for raising the bar for MLB's.