• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aaron Rodgers to Panthers?

Zod

23 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:
23 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, we wouldn't.

Tepper doesn't know how to evaluate football players, and he himself admits that.

If Rhule and Fitterer don't work out, then he can fire them and get somebody else, but stepping in himself would be a dumbass move worthy of Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder.

Doesn't take much evaluation to look at a guy like Deshaun Watson and say "Hey, that guy's pretty good. Let's go get him." Draft prospects are a very different ballgame. Hell, everyone sucks at evaluating them. Some just suck worse than others.

Linville you're spot on.

Certain moves are of a magnitude and associated cost that there is zero chance they are made without the full involvement of the owner.

As for the draft, there ain't a subject matter known to man for which David Tepper can't get himself up to an expert/elite level in very short order...

...the more involvement by Tepper, the better the Panthers will operate.

• Poo 1

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Linville you're spot on.

Certain moves are of a magnitude and associated cost that there is zero chance they are made without the full involvement of the owner.

As for the draft, there ain't a subject matter known to man for which David Tepper can't get himself up to an expert/elite level in very short order...

...the more involvement by Tepper, the better the Panthers will operate.

Except all of the moves made this offseason have been made without David Tepper's direction.

Source: Matt Rhule

I get that you want to believe David Tepper is running everything, but the people who are actually involved say he's letting them do their jobs without interference. He doesn't dictate anything. He just asks questions.

And despite your hero worship, that's actually the best thing he could do.

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Except all of the moves made this offseason have been made without David Tepper's direction.

Source: Matt Rhule

I get that you want to believe David Tepper is running everything, but the people who are actually involved say he's letting them do their jobs without interference. He doesn't dictate anything. He just asks questions.

And despite your hero worship, that's actually the best thing he could do.

As usual you completely misrepresent the situation.

The Appaloosa Model is collaborative in nature and requires that everyone work together to get to consensus decisions...

...and you can be assured Tepper is a party to any and all discussions where decisions of consequence are made.

You're clueless bro, log off.

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

As usual you completely misrepresent the situation.

The Appaloosa Model is collaborative in nature and requires that everyone work together to get to consensus decisions...

...and you can be assured Tepper is a party to any and all discussions where decisions of consequence are made.

You're clueless bro, log off.

Well, in my defense, I get my information from the people who are actually involved with the team.

I realize you think watching Showtime is a better source, but I disagree.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, in my defense, I get my information from the people who are actually involved with the team.

Again, a complete dodge on your part --- your rain-man like upchucking of "Showtime" is laughable.

Would you like to dig into the details again so you can understand the model?  (because it's clear you have no understanding, at all)

For starters, who does Fitterer report to?

What are your "people" telling you there?

• Poo 1

On 5/10/2021 at 2:35 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I just can't see it. All this talk about the long-term plan. Acknowledging how adding Teddy was a mistake in terms of building for the future. Adding a soon to be 38 year old QB? I just can't see it.

Don't get me wrong, I think Darnold is a big mistake, but at his age and with his raw talent, he at least fits the mold of that long-term build for the future outlook.

If you can get Aaron Rodgers...you go get Aaron Rodgers. It would be an incredibly poor business decision by Tepper and Fitterer NOT to get Rodgers. 

We were a reliable 4th quarter QB away from the playoffs last year. Rodgers elevates us to competing with the Bucs for the South and presumably the NFC.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You pluck quotes from these guys doing their media appearances and pass them off as facts. 

You should probably quit doing that.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

You pluck quotes from these guys doing their media appearances and pass them off as facts. 

You should probably quit doing that.

You think Matt Rhule saying "Dave leaves the football stuff to me and Scott" is taken out of context?