Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Draft Analysis: "A massive value-destroying error"?


Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Some would argue trading for a QB who is a 1st round bust to be stupid. 

Yeah Saban overachieved his first year too, then came that 2nd year, how that decision at QB work out for him?

 

Some would argue that declaring it stupid before we see how it works out is actually kind of...stupid.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some would argue that declaring it stupid before we see how it works out is actually kind of...stupid.

Sounds familiar...I think I've seen this response somewhere.   😉

 

And you're correct.

  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Some would argue that declaring it stupid before we see how it works out is actually kind of...stupid.

Some would argue yet again his first 3 years in the NFL has already proven he's a bust... unless you stupid enough to act like those years didn't exist.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Some would argue yet again his first 3 years in the NFL has already proven he's a bust... unless you stupid enough to act like those years didn't exist.

They did exist, but they're in the past.

What he does here, now, in our system isn't guaranteed to look like those years.

And like it or not, he's the guy now. The team didn't pick who you wanted, and all the pissing and moaning in the world won't change that.

You can either cheer for us to win with him or hope we lose just so you can say you were right. I suspect you'll choose option two, which is your right but makes you a sh-tty fan.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I could see where some draft analysis might indicate we should have gone for a LT rather than DB.  However, saying the Panthers should have selected another QB at 8 when the Panthers management just traded for one makes little sense.  

Of course you could say Darnold will never be a starting caliber QB, but at this point, that's just like your opinion man.

 

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Some would argue yet again his first 3 years in the NFL has already proven he's a bust... unless you stupid enough to act like those years didn't exist.

And some would argue that you're whining and need some cheese with it.

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

Some would argue yet again his first 3 years in the NFL has already proven he's a bust... unless you stupid enough to act like those years didn't exist.

Need to stop lying and change the end of your name to "Year2017"

Edited by KillerKat
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2021 at 4:58 PM, thennek said:

Agree or disagree, Rhule believes Sam is just as good as Fields or Jones which is why they picked Horn. We will see if this was the right decision soon. 

Exactly. Basically we picked a 1st round QB from 2018 and a 1st round corner in 2021. IF (*HUGE IF*) Darnold is as good as Fields, we got good value, adding two 1st round talents to the team for a 2021 1st and 2022 second.

I'm a bit skeptical and trying not to get my hopes up too high, but on one level I love that Rhule is betting big on himself and his staff to be able to coach up Sam and help him improve. It was a gutsy move.

Gonna be an interesting year!

Edited by KB_fan
  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

They did exist, but they're in the past.

What he does here, now, in our system isn't guaranteed to look like those years.

And like it or not, he's the guy now. The team didn't pick who you wanted, and all the pissing and moaning in the world won't change that.

You can either cheer for us to win with him or hope we lose just so you can say you were right. I suspect you'll choose option two, which is your right but makes you a sh-tty fan.

I want my team to win it all, and I hope Sam proves me wrong by doing so. But I've been against Sam his whole career, I had him for his rookie year in a fantasy league. I hope PJ passes him on the depth chart. While I think about that, would PJ get the same support had Rhule decided not to trade for Sam, and stuck with PJ as the starter???

So when PJ is the starter bc Sam sucks, and we start winning again, only then will I take full credit for being right.

I believe you wrong to think Sam is a bust because of his environment, I believe he's a bust because Sam himself sucks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I want my team to win it all, and I hope Sam proves me wrong by doing so. But I've been against Sam his whole career, I had him for his rookie year in a fantasy league. I hope PJ passes him on the depth chart. While I think about that, would PJ get the same support had Rhule decided not to trade for Sam, and stuck with PJ as the starter???

So when PJ is the starter bc Sam sucks, and we start winning again, only then will I take full credit for being right.

Yeah...Good luck with that 😐

  • Pie 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

I want my team to win it all, and I hope Sam proves me wrong by doing so. But I've been against Sam his whole career, I had him for his rookie year in a fantasy league. I hope PJ passes him on the depth chart. While I think about that, would PJ get the same support had Rhule decided not to trade for Sam, and stuck with PJ as the starter???

So when PJ is the starter bc Sam sucks, and we start winning again, only then will I take full credit for being right.

I believe you wrong to think Sam is a bust because of his environment, I believe he's a bust because Sam himself sucks.

So basically, you dislike Sam because of your stupid Fantasy League?    THAT is the source of your ire?

How immature. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KB_fan said:

Exactly. Basically we picked a 1st round QB from 2018 and a 1st round corner in 2021. IF (*HUGE IF*) Darnold is as good as Fields, we got good value, adding two 1st round talents to the team for a 2021 1st and 2022 second.

I'm a bit skeptical and trying not to get my hopes up too high, but on one level I love that Rhule is betting big on himself and his staff to be able to coach up Sam and help him improve. It was a gutsy move.

Gonna be an interesting year!

With 3 NFL seasons under his belt, I am going to go out on a limb and say he will be BETTER than Fields.   😏

Just remember that Rookie QBs need a season or two to adjust to the SPEED of the NFL game.

Sam already knows how fast the game is.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...