• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looks like Watson will settle lawsuits

Ja  Rhule

Just now, Tbe said:

Maybe they just want Watson to acknowledge what he did and this settlement includes that. 

You could be right.

But it's still a bad look for them, too. 

People will look at them just take the money and feel that they let someone who committed a crime...off the hook.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You could be right.

But it's still a bad look for them, too. 

People will look at them just take the money and feel that they let someone who committed a crime...off the hook.  

There prob isn’t enough independent evidence to prosecute.

Houston PD has looked at this and it sounds like they don’t have what they need to arrest Watson.

Pretty common in cases like this.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Tbe said:

Houston PD has looked at this and it sounds like they don’t have what they need to arrest Watson.

If that's the case, that's the real tragedy in this then.  😞

Everybody looks bad in the end here.

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1

32 minutes ago, Tbe said:

No real opinion on whether us is guilty or not.  But, I am skeptical in cases like this where the lawyer leading it is known as a scumbag and all accusations are just civil lawsuits with payouts.  

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

IMO, If they accept money and none of them say "I don't want no stinking settlement", it just proves that they were all lying out of their ass in order to get paid.  

It doesn't prove that at all.

It's extremely tough for women to get justice in situations like this. Sometimes things like this are the only path. Heck, look at what happened with Jerry Richardson. That's a prime example.

And trust me, if you ever talk to a victim, you'll know it's not so black and white as you're thinking.

21 hours ago, Ja Rhule said:

ESPN's Sarah Barshop reports a member of Tony Buzbee’s legal team has approached Deshaun Watson to discuss "working things out."

It's the first signs of a potential settlement for Watson. The plaintiff side initiating talks also suggests there's some level of concern about the case.

It's the other way around. The defense initiating settlement talks is what usually suggests some concern about the case. A plaintiff's attorney approaching the defense with a settlement offer is very routine and doesn't mean anything. I wouldn't read too much into this.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

It doesn't prove that at all.

It's extremely tough for women to get justice in situations like this. Sometimes things like this are the only path. Heck, look at what happened with Jerry Richardson. That's a prime example.

And trust me, if you ever talk to a victim, you'll know it's not so black and white as you're thinking.

okay..maybe using the word "prove" is too extreme when I was merely expressing my opinion.   Pardon me, sir.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Hmm....I take it mrcompletely11 didn't like that take of mine.   🤔

Perhaps he'd like to tell me in his own words why he didn't like it instead of just lurking and reacting....  Just saying...

I mean...since they were victims in this, they should NEVER accept settlements if Watson did this crap to them.  They should've gone after him since he committed a Criminal act to them.  

Sorry, but It's difficult to be sympathetic to them if they just took the money. 

Plus, it makes them look less believable that they were victims and more that they were looking to cash in on a high-profile Highly-Paid Professional Sports Athlete.

It is what it is.

It could be that maybe they don't want to be embarrassed and dragged through the mud like many victims are in rape and sexual harassment cases, but they still want him to be held accountable.

The fact is we have a long history of making victims of rape and sexual harassment look bad and treating them like poo, especially during a trial.

Can't blame them for wanting to take this easier way out.

• Pie 2

55 minutes ago, rayzor said:

It could be that maybe they don't want to be embarrassed and dragged through the mud like many victims are in rape and sexual harassment cases, but they still want him to be held accountable.

The fact is we have a long history of making victims of rape and sexual harassment look bad and treating them like poo, especially during a trial.

Can't blame them for wanting to take this easier way out.

Fair point. 

Unfortunately there are no winners in this. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

38 minutes ago, ncstatekwi said:

If Darnold doesn’t live up to expectations…then it would probably happen!!  It’s all about winning!!

Only if life was a video game named Madden '21 where there was no such thing as the real world.

But...life isn't a video game.    And Tepper is not going to risk his ENTIRE Brand (and basically alienate a big chunk of the fanbase in the process) on one man. 

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1