• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How much of the Jets performance was really on Darnold?

SBBlue

7 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

It's not nice to speak ill of the recently departed.

No, but it's fun sometimes 😐

Old Mom's Mabley joke: "They always tell me that if you're gonna talk about the dead, you should say something good."

"He's dead. Good!"

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Ahh, the Big Truth, we hardly knew ya!

... and we all thank our lucky stars for that!

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm pretty sure we already knew him.

Probably a recycled Teddy troll.

(which is kinda pathetic)

So he's gone?    GREAT.

The board is a better place.

Now what about Trainwreck?    He gone, too?

• Pie 1

So there's no excuse to lose to them week 1, I mean they'll have a rookie QB...and basically the same team, or are the coaches year 1 better than ours year 2... what's going be the excuse, smh.

Darnold might've been the reason for it all too. A team follows their leader...if you set a bad example well...we'll see...

4 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

So there's no excuse to lose to them week 1, I mean they'll have a rookie QB...and basically the same team, or are the coaches year 1 better than ours year 2... what's going be the excuse, smh.

Darnold might've been the reason for it all too. A team follows their leader...if you set a bad example well...we'll see...

There isn't an excuse for losing any game you play. Sometimes it happens but I doubt it this time against the Jets. And if Wilson comes in and lights us up it will be on Snow and the defense not the offense. The question won't be scoring points but how many we give up.  Hopefully with all the new additions and a better scheme we won't get abused like last year when we couldn't get off the field.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

There isn't an excuse for losing any game you play. Sometimes it happens but I doubt it this time against the Jets. And if Wilson comes in and lights us up it will be on Snow and the defense not the offense. The question won't be scoring points but how many we give up.  Hopefully with all the new additions and a better scheme we won't get abused like last year when we couldn't get off the field.

EXACTLY.     The Panthers will put up points.

The key is for the Panthers "D" to prevent the Jets from putting up points.

• Pie 3

17 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

EXACTLY.     The Panthers will put up points.

The key is for the Panthers "D" to prevent the Jets from putting up points.

Considering they averaged 15 points a game last year and they have a rookie starter they shouldn't score more than 17 if our defense is doing their job. 

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

You have summed up why our Week 1 game is incredibly important for the franchise right now. It will say volumes about our coaching staff, where they are going, the quality of their thinking and coaching. 

If they can't beat the Jets on opening day, I am serious that we should expect to see Rhule on the hot seat and a lot of talk about not being able to make the transition.

If we beat the Jets on opening day, then you have to start looking at Rhule as an improvement on what other coaches are out there and available. We will be able to see there is progress and that we can beat a hungry, rebuilding team.

That opening game is probably the most fair test our coach will be given. And we should really pay attention to the results and the ramifications.

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

You have summed up why our Week 1 game is incredibly important for the franchise right now. It will say volumes about our coaching staff, where they are going, the quality of their thinking and coaching. 

If they can't beat the Jets on opening day, I am serious that we should expect to see Rhule on the hot seat and a lot of talk about not being able to make the transition.

If we beat the Jets on opening day, then you have to start looking at Rhule as an improvement on what other coaches are out there and available. We will be able to see there is progress and that we can beat a hungry, rebuilding team.

That opening game is probably the most fair test our coach will be given. And we should really pay attention to the results and the ramifications.

We should beat the jets, and I want Darnold to light them up.  It will not be a good sign to lose that game.  That said...

The Jets in 2020 had the toughest schedule in the league with a .594 SOS.  They beat two winning, playoff teams,  Cleveland (11-5)  and the Rams (10-6).

Any. Given. Sunday. 

We did NOT beat a single winning team last year.  Our record, might have been similar if we played the same schedule.   Some of their difficulties were caused by their competition.

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The Jets flat out sucked. We'll find out how much of it was on Darnold this season when he takes the field for us surrounded by better weapons with a better OC calling the shots.

We should be able to pick up Wilson next season when the Jets draft another QB first overall.  They truly are a terrible franchise.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

9 hours ago, CPsinceDay1 said:

for it all?    Darnold caused the punt team to suck?  That's what you're going with?  His play was so bad it was contagious?  OK...I'm sorry, but now you're reaching.

Darnold may well bust, and the historical odds are, he will.  But he did not keep Bell to 3.2 yards a game, or cause the defense to give up yards and touch downs.  QB's are important.  They are not  magical gods. 

• Pie 1