Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Hamilton Given Permission to Talk With Other Teams


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, TheCandyMan said:

My son will be disappointed as Dougie is his favorite player on the roster.  Just hasn't been the same since the leg injury.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/report-hurricanes-give-hamilton-permission-to-talk-with-other-teams/ar-AAL1PrK

I still think there's a chance Dougie ends up staying home in Raleigh. I know we don't want to give him what he wants. However, we are not the only ones who watched him play this season.

If he really wants $8.5m, he might find a team desperate enough to overpay for his services. But, it would probably be somewhere miserable like Buffalo or Detroit. 

If he's willing to come down to around $7-ish million, I think we work something out. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stumpy said:

I still think there's a chance Dougie ends up staying home in Raleigh. I know we don't want to give him what he wants. However, we are not the only ones who watched him play this season.

If he really wants $8.5m, he might find a team desperate enough to overpay for his services. But, it would probably be somewhere miserable like Buffalo or Detroit. 

If he's willing to come down to around $7-ish million, I think we work something out. 

Without a goalie under contract, I don't see it.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stumpy said:

I still think there's a chance Dougie ends up staying home in Raleigh. I know we don't want to give him what he wants. However, we are not the only ones who watched him play this season.

If he really wants $8.5m, he might find a team desperate enough to overpay for his services. But, it would probably be somewhere miserable like Buffalo or Detroit. 

If he's willing to come down to around $7-ish million, I think we work something out. 

The rumors are he wants $8 x 8 and I don't see that happening, amount or term.

I like Dougie and think he has probably fit in with the Canes better than any other team, but I don't know how we can afford that kind of deal with our other guys coming up on their RFA, UFA years. 

Maybe we can sign him and only play him in the playoffs? 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked Dougie's offensive firepower early on but he was a disaster defensively (at least according to my eye test). I would rather get a solid RHD with above average offensive abilities and, if possible, swing for another solid forward.

  • Pie 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GamecockSmitty4 said:

I really liked Dougie's offensive firepower early on but he was a disaster defensively (at least according to my eye test). I would rather get a solid RHD with above average offensive abilities and, if possible, swing for another solid forward.

42 points in 55 games I think (without looking) is one thing, but when your team is getting beat up physically and you're a 6'5" blueliner who won't get in the scrum, I'll happily give up that 42 points for someone who'll protect my young stars and scrap a little when needed. I'll say this- if Dougie Hamilton played with a little more grit, there's a chance the Canes don't need to get Hakanpaa.

And we won't even get into how many times he got burned while trying to jump into the zone and make an offensive play...

  • Pie 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

42 points in 55 games I think (without looking) is one thing, but when your team is getting beat up physically and you're a 6'5" blueliner who won't get in the scrum, I'll happily give up that 42 points for someone who'll protect my young stars and scrap a little when needed. I'll say this- if Dougie Hamilton played with a little more grit, there's a chance the Canes don't need to get Hakanpaa.

And we won't even get into how many times he got burned while trying to jump into the zone and make an offensive play...

I mean honestly I’m on the Svech >/= Ned > Paa > McGinn/Martinook > Dougie > Rooks.

Though I wouldn’t qualify the Rooks in the same category we have a poo ton of them coming up this off-season, including but not limited to Geekie, McCormick, Ryan, Lajoie. It also may be time to pull Suzuki up and see what he’s got. 
 

Point is with a full(ish) off-season and camp I think Paa could really turn into a solid solid defenseman that fits our scheme and adds serious grit to protecting Aho’s line. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also on the RBA situation and our scheme in general, I really hope now that they’ve had a week off they can get his(and his crews) contract nailed down. Dean is allowed to speak to other teams so he may be getting a HCing job somewhere else. Just getting really tired about reading the off-season rumor mill on Rod. 

  • Beer 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think our D will be a little different next year, especially depending on the expansion draft.

We don't have a 1:1 Dougie replacement, but depending on how things shake out we may still have Bean who has some offensive upside that I think we haven't seen and Slavin and Pesce may be asked to take more shots in the coming year.

It's interesting.  I do think if we are going to let Dougie walk at least The Committee is trying to get something back in return via a sign and trade.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It would suck to lose him, but with as loaded as the team is, there is going to have to be some tough decisions made. He revitalized his career here and the fans fully embraced him, so that really should get us some leeway with him, but if the rumors are correct he's looking to cash out and at his maximum worth.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...