• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

25-and-under defenders who generated the most total pressures in 2020

SBBlue

“Haason Reddick is gonna make me go even harder because there’s going to be a little competition now in the room for who’s going to get the sack the fastest. And also, he’s just going to take a lot of attention off of me … [the offensive line] is going to have to pick their poison.”

• Pie 1

Panthers DE Brian Burns: Haason Reddick ‘gonna make me go even harder’ (usatoday.com)

"In their December meeting, the Panthers squeezed Packers MVP Aaron Rodgers down to just 143 yards and sacked him five times. In the Super Bowl, the Bucs punished the Chiefs’ alien QB Patrick Mahomes, posting three sacks, 10 quarterback hits and picking him off twice.

Building an intense pass rush like that is a cumulative effort and all the pieces matter. Reddick and Burns lined up for different squads last year, but if you put their numbers together they would have totaled 21.5 sacks and 37 QB hits. Any reasonable team would be happy to get that kind of production from their edge duo."

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, MHS831 said:

YGM might be the most forgotten player on this roster. DEs take time--Johnson and Rucker and Hardy-all except for Peppers were invisible in the first year or two.

YGM is going to be one to watch.  He could have a breakout year this year with all the pressure coming from all directions.

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

YGM might be the most forgotten player on this roster. DEs take time--Johnson and Rucker and Hardy-all except for Peppers were invisible in the first year or two.

YGM is my guy........only thing I heard about him just he acts young even compared to young people. If he was in this past draft, Im about 98% sure he would have been a 1st given the lack of talent form DE/edge pool. If the light switch gets flipped on this year..... panthers will give any teams issues this year on both sides of the ball. He should be able to play inside some too.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

YGM is my guy........only thing I heard about him just he acts young even compared to young people. If he was in this past draft, Im about 98% sure he would have been a 1st given the lack of talent form DE/edge pool. If the light switch gets flipped on this year..... panthers will give any teams issues this year on both sides of the ball. He should be able to play inside some too.

Yea ..I'd agree. Hell if he didnt happen to come out the same year as Chase Young, one could argue he probably would have been the first DE off the board last year. I honestly thought he was/is better than Chaisson. That lawsuit and Penn State  forcing him to play DT at times didn't do him any favors. 

If Jones and/or Fox can atleast duplicate Kerr's success.. we will be dominant, all things considered. 

Just now, stbugs said:

Maxx. Ugh, sucks we missed on him. We had him in for one of our 20 or so private visits. Losing pick 77 in the trade and taking Grier at 100. Crosby went after Grier and before we took Miller. Unfortunately, Marty isn’t Fitterer who realized Marshall would be gone before Christensen and made his selections in the right order. I’m pretty sure Grier would have been there at Miller’s pick. Crosby and Burns with Brown and Jones in the middle? Would have been like that dream Hardy, Johnson, Star and Short DL that almost was. Probably even better.

Well, Fitterer also used a draft pick on a LS who would have been a UDFA.