• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BR's list of most overpaid players on every team

ladypanther

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Pot, meet Mr. Kettle. How about adding oh I don't know, maybe some actual content? I mean, other than Shaq contract bad, so Shaq bad. 

I have an idea. Why don't you read what @Icegewrote about Shaq. It's on page 2 of the Jermain Carter thread. Maybe try educating yourself. Nah, that ain't your style.

I have been on this board for approx 13years. And I try my best to not give ill will towards anyone. But you and your ilk, who jump into threads throwing shade at posts, really have made it difficult. You act like your shitt don't stink. Well buddy, your shitt does stink.

There are only like 2 dozen regular fans left on this board. And it is because of you and your ilk driving them away with your snark, and ego driven posts, filled with holier than thou attitudes.

Hellz, the Trolls are at least entertaining. 

I said Shaq was a decent starting LB. No more, no less. Then you came with... well, exactly what you're accusing me of. 

18 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The facts need to be laid out for you? These players have a history and it’s not starting caliber compared to the rest of the NFL. Paradis will be gone next year and he and Miller did not play well, he played average. All spots on the line have a history of below average play except Moton.

You’re saying get a group of below average players and a rookies together and assume they’ll gel all while fighting for the LT spot and all of a sudden they’ll become serviceable is more sweeping statement based on nothing that saying it appears based on their history of below average play their play will be below average.  

21 minutes ago, onmyown said:

The facts need to be laid out for you? These players have a history and it’s not starting caliber compared to the rest of the NFL. Paradis will be gone next year and he and Miller did not play well, he played average. All spots on the line have a history of below average play except Moton.

You’re saying get a group of below average players and a rookies together and assume they’ll gel all while fighting for the LT spot and all of a sudden they’ll become serviceable is more sweeping statement based on nothing that saying it appears based on their history of below average play their play will be below average.  

Yada yada yada. None of that has anything to do with what I said. But hey, that's a Huddle staple. 

The right side of our Oline did play better than the left. Which means, Paradis, Miller, and Moton did play well together. LAST YEAR.

Putting BChris at LG gives us only 1 spot left to fill. THIS YEAR.

We have Tremble to help whomever wins LT. THIS YEAR.

You saying that line has no chance, before they have even hit the practice field? Is just lazy.

It may fail. But I am at least willing to wait until they play to pronounce the line hit or miss.

27 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said Shaq was a decent starting LB. No more, no less. Then you came with... well, exactly what you're accusing me of. 

If you truly believe that is ALL you said. 

Hellz dude, you have 2 post in this thread alone where you disparage him, all because of the contract. You can't seem to separate the player from that God awful contract.

I can't continue this. You  will NEVER admit to anything. 

• Pie 1

Just now, iamhubby1 said:

If you truly believe that is ALL you said. 

Hellz dude, you have 2 post in this thread alone where you disparage him, all because of the contract. You can't seem to separate the player from that God awful contract.

I can't continue this. You  will NEVER admit to anything. 

I said his play isn't worthy of his contract. It's not. He's a decent player paid like an All-Pro. That isn't disparagement.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said his play isn't worthy of his contract. It's not. He's a decent player paid like an All-Pro. That isn't disparagement.

Yup, that's all you said. End of message, the end, by by. For someone who believes his word should be taken as holy writ. You sure have a hard time remembering what you did say.

Again, take 10 minutes from you busy day, and read what @Icegewrote about Shaq in the Jermain Carter thread. It's on page 2, go for it.

Shaq is more valuable than most Huddlers realize. Because of that contract, and a bias from years ago. They can't see the forest for the trees.

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Do the Panthers just out and out release him, and save some money? Or do they figure out a way to keep him, by figuring out a way to make that contract more team friendly?

I believe Shaq is one of the best athletes on the team. And I think they will try to work something out to be able to keep him.

21 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yup, that's all you said. End of message, the end, by by. For someone who believes his word should be taken as holy writ. You sure have a hard time remembering what you did say.

Again, take 10 minutes from you busy day, and read what @Icegewrote about Shaq in the Jermain Carter thread. It's on page 2, go for it.

Shaq is more valuable than most Huddlers realize. Because of that contract, and a bias from years ago. They can't see the forest for the trees.

Quote what you have an issue with. Good grief, man. Your homerism triggers you into irrationality and borderline delusions.

17 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Do the Panthers just out and out release him, and save some money? Or do they figure out a way to keep him, by figuring out a way to make that contract more team friendly?

I believe Shaq is one of the best athletes on the team. And I think they will try to work something out to be able to keep him.

What are you talking about? If he's such a great player on a contract that adequately reflects his play, what's the problem? Why would we be discussing potentially releasing him? It's almost as if you're coming around to the opinions you've been so diligently arguing against.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Quote what you have an issue with. Good grief, man. Your homerism triggers you into irrationality and borderline delusions.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

What are you talking about? If he's such a great player on a contract that adequately reflects his play, what's the problem? Why would we be discussing potentially releasing him? It's almost as if you're coming around to the opinions you've been so diligently arguing against.

You obviously did not read what @Icegewrote. If taking 10 minutes of your time is asking too much.

I'm done with you. I let you get under my skin. That is on me. I will be going now. Go insult someone else please

As soon as I saw the title, I guessed they'd put Erving.

I have another thread with the research on this but  if Erving plays as well as he did last year, he was worth the contract.  If not well...

I think Shaq will be better this year, with more help all around him.   He'll never be Luke, but he can be good.  I still believe. 

I'd probably pick Eiflin.

6 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I don't think you can find many, if any, folks that like that contract. But by the way some folks talk, half, if not more, of this board like it. Just one of the many "Facts" about Shaq that are based in opinion.

"He's just a jag, solid backup or STer at best, Shaq isn't tough enough, Shaq can't cover, Shaq is no TD, didn't live up to his #1 draft position, or my favorite "He never passed my eye test", and on, and on it goes.?

In the Jermain Carter thread, you put together a great rundown on what Shaq brings to the table. Do you think folks paid any attention to that? Heck no, that goes against their preconceived notions.

To too many folks. Shaq's contract bad, which automatically makes Shaq bad. 

It truly appears that to the Huddle, opinion means more than facts.

tb100 that's a big reason why I just put folks on ignore and keep it moving now after throwing up a wall of (researched) text. The people that can see the stats and still try to force a false narrative aren't worth the time because the only thing that's going to matter to them is what they believe rather than what they know.

Screaming into the void that is the Huddlers Of Emotion (aka HOEs 👀) just isn't worth it.

• Pie 1

Feels like we are in a pretty good cap situation right now.  Shaq’s salary is a little bloated, agree there but at he least he is a decent starter.  CMC needs to stay healthy and get back to being CMC this season or that deal turns into another cautionary tale about RBs and big deals.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No, it's not.

I don't like to pile on, but Thompson gets my vote too.

Thompson's contract isn't his fault any more than McCaffrey's is his, but they exist, so...