• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers Training Camp - Wednesday Thread

Zod

3 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Multiple scuffles.  Defense is getting frustrated.  This defense is a top 10 defense.  When our offense can move the ball against consistently against this defense...oh baby...

We aren't top 10 yet. Also, there's a vast difference in practice speed and aggression than game speed and aggression. If it were real, I suspect Darnold would've been broken in half at some point.

• Beer 2

7 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Multiple scuffles.  Defense is getting frustrated.  This defense is a top 10 defense.  When our offense can move the ball against consistently against this defense...oh baby...

tenor.gif

This is NOT a top 10 D. Our LBs suck and our only good corner is a rookie.

We’re on the way up though.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

tenor.gif

Projecting us as a top 10 defense in 2021 is a bit of a stretch. Still have some holes to fill next offseason to make that happen. And just general experience/game reps needed. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

16 minutes ago, BrianS said:

You may well be right on that.  My only worry is how many guys we have on the team who also fit that narrative.  😞

Yeah, it was scary the amount of guys that we accumulated with injury problems/history. I know that was discussed at length in here. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, it was scary the amount of guys that we accumulated with injury problems/history. I know that was discussed at length in here. 

I mean look at the colts. Between them and the Cowboys.... I dont know who have been a more injured team of the last decade.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

Jackson should be moved to free safety. He has a better chance for success there. I don’t know why it hasn’t been discussed by the coaches. 

Jackson is already very slight as a CB and isn't exactly a sure and willing tackler. Not sure that is what the doctor ordered at FS. 

DJack is fine at CB. He just needs to work on being more consistent. He's absolutely the best playmaker we have in the secondary. By a wide margin.

• Pie 6

4 minutes ago, My Chuck Dont Matter said:

I know we aren’t. I didn’t draft Parsons. Parsons will be defensive rookie of the year by week five. 

you are referring the to the defensive end, right?

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2021/06/08/cowboys-minicamp-observations-micah-parsons-getting-looks-at-de-dallas-still-needs-a-backup-qb/

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I mean look at the colts. Between them and the Cowboys.... I dont know who have been a more injured team of the last decade.

Yep. And we have had a couple of seasons in the past decade torpedoed by the injury bug, as well. I've never actually gone into a season being on pins and needles about injuries, but this is going to be the one. It's crazy the amount of injury prone guys we have in our two deep. 

We just gotta hope we can buck that trend for at least one season.