• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The 2021 Carolina Panthers Fan Fest Thread

Zod

Just now, Pup McBarky said:

And neither of them had the receiving corps we have now...not even close.

Well, you had an emergent Moose in 1999, plus a great tight end in Wesley Walls. In 2011, you had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey -- so not trash receiving corps. D.J. and Robby definitely trump Moose and Patrick Jeffers as a 1-2, though.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I wanted to give him more, but I see us running more than expected--Hubbard and CMC, with Tremble plowing the way---

I honestly don't think that will matter that much. We will run the ball, but with our receiving corps, Sam would have to suck pretty badly or miss a number of games (both of which is unfortunately possible) for us not to amass 4k passing yards. Given what TB did last year and this year we have a full off-season...hard to imagine not hitting that number. Again, provided he doesn't suck or miss several games or both.

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, Pup McBarky said:

Think about who he's throwing to. We have 3 1k receivers + Arnold + Tremble + Marshall. If everyone stays healthy, he's hitting over 4k.

Ok, but the 4k QBs last year in 15 were still largely the likes of Mahomes, Brady, Watson, Rodgers, Ryan, Allen.  Herbert is basically the odd ball. 

Dallas had crazy deep and good WRs last year.  But they had a washed up Andy Dalton at QB stepping into that O for the first time.  

For all the heat Teddy got and deserved by being a check down king.  He still IMO helped us overachieve on offense by knowing the system and having command of it.  Doubtful Darnold will have the O grasped like Teddy did as early.    

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

And neither of them had the receiving corps we have now...not even close.

I'd give 2011 the slight edge. 

89 and Olsen > DJ and Robbie. 

2011 then had Shockey, LaFell rounding it out.  Think that trumps Arnold and a rookie slightly.  Plus, 2011 had LEGATRON.  

but most importantly, the 2 QBs who pulled it off were better than Darnold. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Its been well over a decade since Ive been able to go..  2007 i think

always somethings that takes priority..  fml

this year its a baby.     it would have been possible, but factor in being in another state along with a moody wife..  ill just live stream it from my porch with some drinks

• Beer 3

36 minutes ago, CRA said:

2011 then had Shockey, LaFell rounding it out.  Think that trumps Arnold and a rookie slightly.  Plus, 2011 had LEGATRON.  

That's fair. I think this year's receiving corps has the potential to be better, so I'll just say I'm optimistic. I also think Darnold has the potential to be better than Beuerlein. So I'm really optimistic. 😄

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Well, you had an emergent Moose in 1999, plus a great tight end in Wesley Walls. In 2011, you had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey -- so not trash receiving corps. D.J. and Robby definitely trump Moose and Patrick Jeffers as a 1-2, though.

I'm thinking of the potential...it could be an insanely deep and talented receiving corps. If David Moore is WR4? Not that he's all-world, but considering what our past WR4's have been, he may look that way. And I honestly think Arnold could go for 500-700 yds. Someone is gonna always be pretty open. Just depends on our OL giving Darnold time and then him not blowing it.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Shockey was pretty overrated here. Valid point about Legadoodoo, though. Legend.