• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How y'all gonna let this slide

CPsinceDay1

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

Just goes to show that many of the fans weren't loyal to the team and only loved Cam. Many of us called them out and were given a lot of shiit for it.

We have quite a few of those people in the Huddle now, as we always do. Player surfing isn't unusual. Think about all the Clemson or South Carolina fans that couldn't possibly give a poo about the Panthers but pay attention when we draft their players. 

6 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Other than lamer Jackson, almost all of the good qbs are more traditional style qbs, and even Lamar is getting stopped more and more with every passing season. 

When is the last time a running qb won the superbowl? I guess an argument could be made for mahommes, but he isn't a 'running qb' he is just athletic and mobile, but still a terrific passer.

The bulk of the younger and elite NFL QB's are all either mobile or running QB's. Hell, just look at this last NFL draft where the top 4 guys were Lawrence, Wilson, Fields and Lance. Only really Mac Jones is a relatively immobile QB. All the rest of those guys are athletes. 

The idea that mobile and running QB's can't win Super Bowls is pretty absurd if you look at recent history.

4 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Mahommes, Russel Wilson, Steve Young and John Elway are the only 'mobile' qbs to ever win a superbowl, and all of them are light-years beyond better passers than Cam was. 

Runners are flashy and exciting but they don't win superbowls, passers like Brady, Manning and Rodgers do.

I mean, look, I guess at the end of the day I can't make you not stupid. Everyone has a right to be wrong.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

Mahommes, Russel Wilson, Steve Young and John Elway are the only 'mobile' qbs to ever win a superbowl, and all of them are light-years beyond better passers than Cam was. 

Runners are flashy and exciting but they don't win superbowls, passers like Brady, Manning and Rodgers do.

Cam and Lamar are dual-threat qbs. Once Cam lost his ability to outrun the defense he was a bottom 10 starter in the league. 

Once I see a qb that can run like 2013 Cam and can throw like 2020 mahommes I'll change my mind, but until then passers are going to continue to dominate.

I wouldn't call Mahomes a running quarterback.   No more than saying Rodgers is a running quarterback really.  There is a difference in being mobile and being a running qb.

17 minutes ago, Ace420 said:

You claim I'm stupid, but none of these running qbs have been able to defeat Brady and manning and Rodgers.

I think we are on different pages here. I dont mean 'mobile' qbs like mahommes or Wilson who are still great passers,  Im talking about Cam and lamar Jackson, who are 'running qbs' who are not good if you take away their ability to make downfeild running plays. Cam was never a good enough passer to win a championship.

You are aware that Lamar Jackson is a 64% career passer, right? Never thrown double digit INT's in his career for that matter.

Notice how Cam has largely been a high completion percentage QB the past few years? Think maybe finally that might have to do with scheme differences? Oddly, Cam was able to get us to a Super Bowl. Funny thing is, he was the best QB in that game. Unless you really think Peyton Manning 141 yards, 2 TO's and 0 TD's really propelled them to victory.

I suppose if that is your bar for "good enough passer to win a championship" maybe Kyle Allen is a good enough passer to win a championship? Hell, Nick Foles won a championship. Is he a "good enough passer?" If so, is Blake Bortles?

Edited by kungfoodude

32 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You are aware that Lamar Jackson is a 64% career passer, right? Never thrown double digit INT's in his career for that matter.

Notice how Cam has largely been a high completion percentage QB the past few years? Think maybe finally that might have to do with scheme differences? Oddly, Cam was able to get us to a Super Bowl. Funny thing is, he was the best QB in that game. Unless you really think Peyton Manning 141 yards, 2 TO's and 0 TD's really propelled them to victory.

I suppose if that is your bar for "good enough passer to win a championship" maybe Kyle Allen is a good enough passer to win a championship? Hell, Nick Foles won a championship. Is he a "good enough passer?" If so, is Blake Bortles?

I can see were this argument is coming from but lets be honest here with todays rules any completion % less than 65% is lower than average look no further than one Teddy Bridgewater.

1 hour ago, Ace420 said:

Some of us care about the culture of our team. It was embarrassing seeing 25% of our fanbase leave to New England with Cam. If we want to build a strong culture we have to call out and shame these dummies.

What culture? 7 winning seasons in 25 years is that the culture you're talking about? The Panthers have to get the right quarterback and actually protect him. While you're yelling about players no longer on the roster Carolina has started the likes of Kyle Allen Teddy Bridgewater and now a reclamation project from the Jets of all places while still not showing much concern for the offensive line. Focus on the now and that begins by not repeating the same mistakes of the past.

• Beer 2

Mobile QBs are definitely the new thing. Running QBs are failing. The best running QB is Lamar and IMO if he doesn't learn how to pass better he will not be a Raven next season. His experiment is in it's last season I believe. They remodeled their offense specifically for him and did a great job. That's a great staff in Baltimore but either they prove that a super college offense can win a super bowl or they will let him go before the big contract. I don't expect them to over pay a gimmick QB. 

25 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I can see were this argument is coming from but lets be honest here with todays rules any completion % less than 65% is lower than average look no further than one Teddy Bridgewater.

You know that group included Tom Brady last season, right?

10 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Mobile QBs are definitely the new thing. Running QBs are failing. The best running QB is Lamar and IMO if he doesn't learn how to pass better he will not be a Raven next season. His experiment is in it's last season I believe. They remodeled their offense specifically for him and did a great job. That's a great staff in Baltimore but either they prove that a super college offense can win a super bowl or they will let him go before the big contract. I don't expect them to over pay a gimmick QB. 

The second place finisher in the MVP last season was a running QB. 

• Pie 1