• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thursday joint practice news and tweets

Captain Morgan

1 hour ago, Floppin said:

To be fair Proudiddy is a known crazy reactionary about literally everything imaginable. He'll usually admit as much after the fact. 

I am (minus maybe the crazy part lol) and I will, Floppin.  But, I don't feel this is applicable in this situation.  I'm not raging or flying off the handle.  Everyone knew coming into the season that the OL was going to be a work in progress and the known the weakest unit on the team...  What I've posted in this thread is how disappointing it is that our defense made made two scrub QBs look like Phillip Rivers never left and how our coaching staff isn't helping our synergy or chemistry by rotating guys in and out of the most important position on the OL.

I understand pre-season practice and TC would be the ideal time to mess around with lineups and see what sticks, but it just seems there was never a concrete plan in place going into this.

• Pie 2

Some of our fans act as if as long as they're irrationally positive we'll actually he good ingnoring the reality that we're coming off of three consecutive losing seasons and our first joint practice pretty much confirmed the concerns most of us already had about the roster. But, I guess go ahead and keep acting like we're the Pats or Steelers. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

21 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Some of our fans act as if as long as they're irrationally positive we'll actually he good ingnoring the reality that we're coming off of three consecutive losing seasons and our first joint practice pretty much confirmed the concerns most of us already had about the roster. But, I guess go ahead and keep acting like we're the Pats or Steelers. 

It is funny how many always immediately jump to framing the usual "reactionaries," but they/we are equal to or even outnumbered by those irrationally positive and optimistic fans who have been droning on the same rah rah stuff for decades now.

Not to be morbid, but I often think of all of the Huddlers and Panthers fans that we have lost over these 25+years who kept believing the present was a developmental year with low expectations while believing the next year our team would get things right so we could be patient, and that is depressing.  

Dont get me wrong, I believe in Rhule from what we've seen so far and I think we're in a much better place moving forward than we've been in in decades, if not ever...  but, I really wish the majority of our fanbase would get this ho hum, "we'll get them next year," attitude out of our collective mind.  I understand patience and time have their place, but eventually you either are a winning program or you're not, and we as a fanbase have been way too comfortable with inconsistency and mediocrity.

(NOTE: This post is not a commentary on or reaction to today's practice or this thread, but rather an overall cumulative observation from over the years.)

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

It is funny how many always immediately jump to framing the usual "reactionaries," but they/we are equal to or even outnumbered by those irrationally positive and optimistic fans who have been droning on the same rah rah stuff for decades now.

Not to be morbid, but I often think of all of the Huddlers and Panthers fans that we have lost over these 25+years who kept believing the present was a developmental year with low expectations while believing the next year our team would get things right so we cpuod be patient, and that is depressing.  

Dont get me wrong, I believe in Rhule from what we've seen so far and I think we're in a much better place moving forward than we've been in in decades, if not ever...  but, I really wish the majority of our fanbase would get this ho hum, "we'll get them next year," attitude out of our collective mind.  I understand patience and time have their place, but eventually you either are a winning program or you're not, and we as a fanbase have been way too comfortable with inconsistency and mediocrity.

(NOTE: This post is not a commentary on or reaction to today's practice or this thread, but rather an overall cumulative observation from over the years.)

I've watched people every year put huge faith in an organization, coaching staff, front office, etc. like they've come to expect success. I'm a Panthers fan and I'll always HOPE for us to be good but I'm not going to act like we've been a successful organization and put my head in the sand and act like everything is fine when an objective observer can easily see some pretty critical issues.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Two of those seasons were under Rivera and he left our roster in a sorry state. 

We were building from scratch last year - and we were a tough out for everyone. Yes we ended up with a losing record, but there were plenty of positives to take away from 2020. 

Yes, we have deficiencies on our roster, but welcome to the Salary Cap era. It's never as good or as bad as fans think.

At the moment Rhule and co are clearly evaluating just exactly what we have. They've cut NINE guys already after a week of practice. They're clearly not resting on their laurels - Rhule is bringing a standard to the Panthers and quickly weeds guys out. 

I'll start worrying about the Oline if we get into the second pre-season game without 3/4 of the starting jobs established. If guys haven't pulled clear of the pack and we're still experimenting with Moton at RT, Christensen at RT or LG etc then yeah we're in trouble. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I've watched people every year put huge faith in an organization, coaching staff, front office, etc. like they've come to expect success. I'm a Panthers fan and I'll always HOPE for us to be good but I'm not going to act like we've been a successful organization and put my head in the sand and act like everything is fine when an objective observer can easily see some pretty critical issues.

Agreed on all points.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not to be morbid, but I often think of all of the Huddlers and Panthers fans that we have lost over these 25+years who kept believing the present was a developmental year with low expectations while believing the next year our team would get things right so we could be patient, and that is depressing.  

Let's be real - I hate John Fox. I hate Ron Rivera. Those two coaches were incredibly flawed 'player' coaches that meant we had incredible highs and incredible lows. We wasted 3-4 Hall of Famers under those guys. 

Rhule is cut from a different cloth. We'll be a consistent winner under him. He's organised, process driven and ruthless. I'm willing to have patience because I can see the improvements on the field.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1