• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule after 1st Joint Practice with the Colts

SBBlue

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I'm more concerned about the defense honestly.  Although not scoring at least one TD us concerning.   

I have to remind myself that it's a work in progress and it's just practice.  The test come when the game counts, then we will see if they've learned anything. 

Yup.  Rhule said he didn't see the D, he'll watch the tape tonight.  I'm sure Horn is taking his lumps.

30 minutes ago, pantherj said:

What worries me is that the passing game i sway off. The WRs are not running the routes correctly per Rhule, and we're hearing through the grapevine that the o-line is not protection well. We can't start the season this way and hope to make the playoffs imo. We have to come out hot.

He did say receivers were dropping balls and running wrong depths so there wasn't separation. But he also said this wasn't live. Guys weren't going 100%. They weren't cutting people or taking them down as they would in a game situation. He said he got good film on lots of guys to review so they can try and be better tomorrow.  That is how you avoid looking like today come your opening game.

Edited by panthers55
  • Beer 1

Just now, SBBlue said:

Yup.  Rhule said he didn't see the D, he'll watch the tape tonight.  I'm sure Horn is taking his lumps.

He's going to take his lumps this season.  That is a guaranteed fact.  How he handles that will make or break him.

If these kids don't step up I fear we may be in a lot of shootouts this season.  Assuming we have the offense to do so.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

He's going to take his lumps this season.  That is a guaranteed fact.  How he handles that will make or break him.

If these kids don't step up I fear we may be in a lot of shootouts this season.  Assuming we have the offense to do so.

The schedule gets harder as we get better.  We will probably lose a couple everyone thinks is in the bag, and win a couple everyone thinks is out of reach.

I just want the Bucs.  f k TB, both him and the team.  Their fans are insufferable atm.

Edited by SBBlue
  • Pie 1

I’m starting to think Brady may be more of the problem than we realize.

Yea, The redzone issues last year, were due to a number of factors. (Teddy, line, no Cmc etc.) But there were some god awful play selections and series last year as well.

To hear him say Christian was upset at the O being “hesitant” is concerning. Definitely something to watch.

5 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

It isn’t good to hear we are sluggish in practice etc but it really is just practice. We have had players way overhyped during this time of year and also we have had players undersold. The only position I’m more confident than WR at is RB. You simply can’t read much into it at this stage.

Yup.  Horn is going to take some lumps.  They won't underestimate Burns again.   

If Darnold gets the ball out as fast as Teddy, the oline will perform like last year since Scott, Little and Daley were LT half the season, including the Packers, Chiefs and most of our wins.  We were top 10 in pass pro.  

Run game is another story, and they see something in Erving and Elfein that fills some need for the wide zone blocking.  

They can coach linemen up:
Trent Scott,  Chargers UDFA  pff of 49.4 in 2019  moved to 60.2 in 2020 with Rhule.  
Pat Elflein,   3rd Rnder Jets    pff of 48.0 in 2020  will move to __ in 2021?
Cam Erving, 1st Rnder  Dalla  pff of 58.0 in  2020  will move to __ in 2021?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Mills said:

I’m starting to think Brady may be more of the problem than we realize.

Yea, The redzone issues last year, were due to a number of factors. (Teddy, line, no Cmc etc.) But there were some god awful play selections and series last year as well.

To hear him say Christian was upset at the O being “hesitant” is concerning. Definitely something to watch.

Yeah the Vikings game was as much on Brady as it was on Teddy or Slye.  That clusterfk was group effort.

• Pie 2

Panthers Take a Step Back in First Practice with Colts | Carolina Blitz
 The defense had their moments – both good and bad. The first team struggled to get stops in the red zone and the end of practice, but were stout during the 11 on 11 period against the Colts’ offense.
One of the biggest questions heading into these joint practices was the offensive line. While we didn’t get many answers with several linemen limited or sidelined with injury, Taylor Moton looked good taking snaps on the left side. Trent Scott and Brady Christensen held their own on the right side during one-on-ones.

• Pie 1

I like the fact that they are evaluating the team this way.  It's not even the first preseason game.  Even at that, it will still be preseason. Until they start handing out practice trophies, the team needs time to make it's adjustments and growing pains.

• Pie 2