• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just Fields looking like hot garbage

GOAT

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I was saying we shoulda snagged the 'bama kid starting back in January or so. I'm hoping that Darnold was the better choice, but I still think Jones is the one who will go the furthest of this crop of first round QBs.

I wanted Fields, once they released Cam but I started to come around to taking Jones...only because after that Clemson game I just knew Fields would be gone.

My take was Fields/Lawrence/Lance/Jones/Wilson/Trask...and I value them all before Darnold.

Hell I wouldve traded for Mitch > Sam

Edited by CPsinceDay1
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Zod said:

I thought he looked very good for his first NFL action . 

Sam and Jaycee sure as hell be a home run or I'm passing out pitch forks.

If Darnold flops and Fields hits... oh wee mayne. The rumors that Tepper was pushing for Fields had better not be true. When you go against what your boss wants, you better be damn sure that you're gonna be right.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If Darnold flops and Fields hits... oh wee mayne. The rumors that Tepper was pushing for Fields had better not be true. When you go against what your boss wants, you better be damn sure that you're gonna be right.

He did want fields mostly because of jersey sales and excitement. But yeah, if he was right and they were wrong and they cost him literally tens of millions of dollars on one decision...... Yikes.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah and it’s not even like Rhule was playing the odds or playing it safe. Statistically speaking there is a higher chance of a first round QB succeeding than a reclamation project being successful…

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Zod said:

He did want fields mostly because of jersey sales and excitement. But yeah, if he was right and they were wrong and they cost him literally tens of millions of dollars on one decision...... Yikes.

Not just that, but still a huge need at the most important position on the roster. Tepper has said that the NFL is a .500 league and that you need a head coach, GM, and QB to break out of that mold. If we whiffed on our opportunity to add a legit franchise QB and the guy we did swing on flops Tepper might start to question whether he has any of those three pieces in place. I don't think they'd be fired but I do think the seat would be hot and if they didn't solve the QB problem next off-season they very well might be out after next year.

• Pie 1