• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kevin Donnelly Said Rhule Was Livid at the Half

Proudiddy

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Bearing in mind Carter is a marginal NFL player, why wouldn't he start the veteran Whitehead?

At the end of the day he benched him for his play - that's all you can ask for as a player who's behind a starter on the depth chart. Every job is legitimately up for grabs.

Additionally there was drama between Carter and Rhule beginning of last year.  There literally was no other option on the roster than Whitehead.  Once Carter decided to grow up a little bit and squash his beef with his HC, he started and the defense improved immediately.

9 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Said the locker room was "fiery" and Rhule ripped into the team over the penalties.  He said it was zero tolerance on penalties for the second half.

Interesting.

IIRC, penalties did decrease dramatically in the second half. I think 7 in 1st half, 3 in second (all the late game debacle of 3 false starts in a row & "everyone but the center" offsides LOL).

Was definitely surprised by Scott. Given that he had significant reps last year, was expecting him to be better.

• Pie 4

16 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Said the locker room was "fiery" and Rhule ripped into the team over the penalties.  He said it was zero tolerance on penalties for the second half.

Interesting.

Then boy oh boy will those three false start penalties in a row get some butts kicked on Monday.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

Nah the poster was asking about public opinion. Any playoff appearance will calm the masses for a while. As far as contract your guess is as good as mine!

Apologies. Sometimes things get lost in thread translation 

I want Rhule to succeed, make no mistake, but I don’t know.  Time will tell

Peace

• Pie 1

I don't doubt the "zero tolerance" tirade at all. Rhule is said to have told one of his coaches in college something to the effect of "this might be your last day with us" in the middle of a game because his unit wasn't playing well.

If you just look at Rhule he's somehow skinny and fat at the same time, skinny/fat, and he's kinda short. How he looks can affect how the players respond to him (respect), so he might just be more likely to be hyperbolic and quick to make threats to ones livelihood.

On 8/15/2021 at 5:32 PM, PootieNunu said:
On 8/15/2021 at 5:09 PM, Ace420 said:

Trent Scott was awful. I doubt he gets cut as he is currently our starting left tackle though lol. 

Scott isn't a world beater... but he is probably our best LT on the roster at the moment. Hopefully he is just rusty.

Erving is the starter. 

And Moton is the LT2, according to how they've practiced. Scott, in practice, has been RT2, but I have a feeling that changed after Sunday. I'll give Scott props for how he stepped up last year, but we may all be witnessing his rather low ceiling. I still doubt he gets cut based on this one shitty game, unless Rhule wants to make an example out of him for the whole DBO mentality he's pushing so hard.