• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Snack

I didn’t expect much from Phil Hoskins and figured they picked him off his measurable not his collegiate play. I figured we’d put him on the practice squad and try to develop him into a serviceable player. Is it just me or did Big Snack look pretty good today? I think this guy could help us and I’m pretty excited about his upside.  

I can’t find much about him anywhere. Does anyone have the game stats or have any information on him? Am I crazy here or do other huddlers think he could make the team and contribute?

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought he looked promising, though I also think on some of those penetrations he wasn't being disciplined with his gap assignment. The runner ended up hitting the hole he'd vacated. That's coachable though.

That’s an interesting take and thanks for responding. At the very least, it sounds like you think there’s something to work with. I’ll take upside potential from a 7th rounder all day. 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I thought he looked promising, though I also think on some of those penetrations he wasn't being disciplined with his gap assignment. The runner ended up hitting the hole he'd vacated. That's coachable though.

That was one of the knocks on him I remember reading somewhere after we drafted him. But like you said, that’s coachable 

21 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

He had some good reps out there, albeit against mostly undrafted guys.

Can only see him making the roster though if the coaches choose him over a pure pass rusher like Christian Miller to have more interior guys.

You got Burns/Reddick/Fox/YGM/Haynes and Brown/Jones/Roy/Nixon, I think I'd take Hoskins for rotational/injury value over Miller. Fox and YGM can play inside and out though so it's tricky. Hoskins looked better than Nixon from what i've seen today if they're planning on 3-4 looks

• Pie 3

Rhule/Snow's defense doesn't seem to be quite so ironclad about gap responsibility as Rivera's defenses. make of that what you will.

in that light Hoskins looked great, if I'm being honest. very powerful, a big frame so he was pretty natural maneuvering around trash at the LOS. he might be a keeper, though he might be on the practice squad to start things out. the numbers are getting tight on the defensive line.

• Pie 1