• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Troy Pride, Jr.

Anybodyhome

29 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Troy will probably go on IR tomorrow when the team makes their cut to 85 

--Waived, he hasn't earned the right to IR.  If he were a day 1 or day2 selection, maybe.  While I wanted a CB where he was drafted in the 4th round, Pride himself was not high on my radar.

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

--Waived, he hasn't earned the right to IR.  If he were a day 1 or day2 selection, maybe.  While I wanted a CB where he was drafted in the 4th round, Pride himself was not high on my radar.

He was a 2020 draft choice and has 3 years remaining on a 4 year contract.  He’s not some tryout player.  He will go on IR

Edited by Smithers
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

He was a 2020 draft choice and has 3 years remaining on a 4 year contract.  He’s not some tryout player.  He will go in IR

Day 3 draftees are barely more valuable than UDFAs.  If the staff comes across someone that can come in and have an impact now, a 4th round draftee means little.

18 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Day 3 draftees are barely more valuable than UDFAs.  If the staff comes across someone that can come in and have an impact now, a 4th round draftee means little.

He’s still under contract for 3 more seasons with 2 million in dead money if we waive him.  Putting him on IR frees up a roster spot and costs us only his 974k salary.  Makes zero sense to waive him 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Smithers said:

He’s still under contract for 3 more seasons with 2 million in dead money if we waive him.  Putting him on IR frees up a roster spot and costs us only his 974k salary.  Makes zero sense to waive him 

Actually he only counts about 200k versus the cap, but frees up nearly 800k.  Peanuts if we find a suitable replacement.

image.png.5d685672f232298547dbd9e33015244a.png